Re-advertisement- Project Coordinator – EU Gender and Humanitarian Project
IPPF Africa Regional Office seeks a Project coordinator to manage and lead the implementation of a new sub-regional EU- gender funded project in Cameroon, Chad, Sudan and Mali.
The project’s aim is a to contribute to the protection of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of women and girls, specifically refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and returnees living in Forgotten Crisis settings.
The position is expected to manage all technical and financial aspects of this project, while liaising with IPPFAR partners and key stakeholders of the project including implication of women and girls, specifically refugees (Cameroon, Chad, Sudan), IDPs (Mali, Sudan) and returnees (Chad) as well as host communities, National and local authorities and structures responsible for supporting refugees/IDPs/returnees.
The position is accountable for the achievements of the IPPFAR EU- gender funded project’s expected results as provided for in any relevant/approved restricted funding project documents.
Project cycle management ;
• Manage the project following recommended EU and IPPF ARO project cycle phases, including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Manage the subcontracts with the consortium and CSO partners of the project
• Lead the development and support the implementation of countries plan of action including processes and tools adapted to advocacy and communication
• Support the development and the implementation of the overall monitoring and evaluation plan including the operational research
• Coordinate project steering committee meetings and effectively represent IPPF ARO in project working groups and planning meetings
• Support the overall technical assistance strategy for CSO’s capacity strengthening
• Support project to build strategic partnerships with thematic agencies and clusters working in the project communities, including with Media and Private
• Coordinate communication between all partners and with the donor.
• Collaborate with the accounting team for the development, implementation and tracking of IPPF ARO and partner/CSO budgets, cashflow plans, and development of variation reports
• Develop and implement with the support of the accounting team, co-funding and pre-financing strategies for IPPF ARO and partners, and implement resource mobilization activities to fill financial gaps
• Develop, supervise and track IPPF ARO’s and partners/CSO’s workplans
• Manage Grants by ensuring timely disbursements of funds and adherence to agreed activities and objectives in the signed contracts and enforce partners’ accountability
• Ensure e compliance with EU/IPPF ARO rules and regulations by all partners/CSO and preempted problems, and advise senior management on solutions and recommendations
• Provide technical assistance to partners in complying with EU and IPPF ARO administrative and financial procedures.
Gender and SRHR in Humanitarian ;
• Support the implementation of the overall Theory of Change of the project based on an ecological model for a gender transformative approach
• Support the development and the implementation tailored Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse strategies
• Support project staff and partners to collaborate and provide comprehensive client-centred package for SGBV prevention and response, essential SRH services and livelihoods programs
• Support countries efforts to strengthen mechanism, policies and legal framework in forgotten crisis that protect, respect and promote women and girl’s rights
• Spearhead an active role for the project participation at the relevant meetings and processes in relation with safety, security, prevention and support clusters at national, regional and international level
• Monitor news, trends and policy developments affecting the key outputs of the project and develop /adapt advocacy materials and tools to keep main actors
• Strengthen advocacy and communication skills of Project Champions Partners and CSO.
• Collaborate with accounting team to develop financial reports, and support expenditure verification audits
• Collaborate with the M&E officer to routinely monitor the programme implementation, performance and compliance of EU grants both at country and Africa Regional Office levels
• Develop technical results-based reports to IPPF ARO and EU.
• Ensure proper documentation and promotion of the project best practices at national regional and international level
• Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts within and outside the Federation.
• Undertake any other duties that might be assigned by the supervisor.
*Salary will be negotiated depending on the candidate’s experience and skills for the position.
How to apply
For more details on the job descriptions visit www.ippfar.org
Closing date Friday 3rd July 2020.
If you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, please assume that your application was not successful.
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
*CANDIDATES WHO HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED THEIR APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST, DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY*
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.