Regional Finance & Admin Systems Officer/Sr. Officer at University of Maryland
Driven by the pursuit of excellence, the University of Maryland has enjoyed a remarkable rise in accomplishment and reputation over the past two decades. By any measure, Maryland is now one of the nation’s preeminent public research universities and on a path to become one of the world’s best. To fulfill this promise, we must capitalize on our momentum, fully exploit our competitive advantages, and pursue ambitious goals with great discipline and entrepreneurial spirit. This promise is within reach. We encourage you to share your comments and ideas. We value and respect diverse viewpoints and welcome productive dialogue within our Terp community. However, Facebook comments created by other users and not by the University do not reflect the opinions or views of the University or University employees.
Working under the direction of the Regional ERP Finance Lead, the Regional Finance & Admin Systems Officer or Sr. Officer, will support the ongoing operations and continuous improvement of the finance, procurement, and reporting components of the new MGIC ERP system. S/he will assist with operations, support, maintenance, and training related to the ERP. This includes maintaining or updating efficient finance and procurement workflows, supporting offices to operationalize daily processes in the ERP and maximizing efficiencies, and supporting the development of job aids or guides to help ERP users perform their daily functions in the system. The Officer or Sr. Officer will also ensure that processes follow best practices for internal controls and are in compliance with MGIC policies and procedures.
This person will play a key role in ensuring the MGIC finance and admin systems run smoothly by supporting and coordinating with internal and external resources and technical teams, providing continued training and technical assistance, and ensuring compliance with functional requirements.
The duty location will be in one of MGIC’s offices in Abuja, Dar es Salaam, Gaborone, Kigali, Lilongwe, Lusaka, Maputo, or Nairobi. Please note in your cover letter your preferred job location. Please note you should be authorised to live and work or for the location of interest.
Duties and Responsibilities
Operations, Support and Maintenance
- Assist country teams with operationalizing their daily workflows in the ERP system, taking into consideration key financial and procurement controls as identified in policies and procedures.
- Research design problems as they arise and propose solutions.
- Work closely with the internal and external finance and technical teams and evaluate how system updates / changes will affect workflow, data, and reporting. Recommend updates / changes based on evaluations and input.
- Support the implementation of new projects as needed (including set-up of new clients as country offices open, workflow changes, etc.).
- Communicate, in close collaboration with the Regional ERP Finance Lead and the Regional ERP Project Manager, project status at scheduled meetings and serve as a central source of project information.
- Respond to daily issues as they crop up and are reported through the ERP Helpdesk.
- Support country offices’ monthly and year end close processes through execution of the monthly close checklist.
- Review and audit of the ERP workflows to ensure that they align to the existing MGICs policies and procedures.
- Regular audit of the ERP system and workflows to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist in the liaison and communication with external stakeholders to ensure seamless running of the ERP.
- Support, in close collaboration with the Regional ERP Finance Lead and the Regional ERP Project Manager, the day-to-day aspects of providing training and technical assistance to the country teams for the finance and procurement systems.
- Develop as needed complementary training materials (including user guides and job aids).
- Continue to build the capacity of both users and super users to address issues themselves.
Reporting and Documentation
- Supporting the development of reporting templates and associated job aids as needed, so different types of users can perform reports in the ERP.
- Train on report development.
- Develop/update documentation for the finance and procurement modules of the ERP system as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting plus 5 to 7 years of experience in international finance and managerial position with a US Government funded organization is required.
- Advanced knowledge and expert understanding of USG rules and regulations related to award financial management; extensive knowledge of 2 CFR 200 is required; knowledge of the FAR is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent, in-depth, and hands-on knowledge of accounting software and processes. Experience and knowledge of Unit4 Business World’s highly preferred. Preferably with an understanding of the complexities of multi-currency, multi-site, and multi-organizational implementations.
- Experience with ERP platforms for nonprofits.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Office package.
- Good supervisory skills and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and a proactive, problem-solving approach is required.
- Prior team management experience required.
- Fluency in English and effective communication skills are required.
- Ability to travel internationally 30-40% and/or ability to undertake temporary duty assignments to support country offices.
The post Regional Finance & Admin Systems Officer/Sr. Officer at University of Maryland appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.