Regional Finance Specialist
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian and development organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,600 staff in over 45 countries, we have reached over 20 million people in 2018.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
being responsible for developing and managing financial tracking, resource flows, reporting and compliance for a specified portfolio of federal and non-federal grants/awards in support of Action Against Hunger- Horn & Eastern Africa programs. The Regional Finance Specialist will provide technical financial support and advisory to the Action Against Hunger Country Offices and select stakeholders in the wider organization.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide Finance Support to Action Against Hunger’s country offices.
- Manage the annual budget for the country offices.
- Provide technical supervision to the Heads of Finance at country level.
- Ensure proper financial information management as well as manage internal/external representation to stakeholders.
- Support Human Resources with staff recruitment and development.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
- You have a Degree and/or Master’s Degree in accounting, finance, or another relevant field.
- You have 5 years’ finance and management experience including 3 years’ experience managing grants (USAID/EU funded projects preferred).
- You have 2 years of working internationally, together with field experience working for an international NGO as an administrator or finance manager.
- You have extensive experience and skills in budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- You are knowledgeable of the rules, regulations, and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of grants from US Government, EU, ECHO, UN and other agencies.
- You have expertise in MS Office (especially MS Excel) and general ledger software. Use of Saga and/or Serenic Navigator are desirable.
- You have a genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- You have substantial experience and understanding of essential accounting principles, financial reporting, accounting systems, and budget development and administration is required.
- You are able to manage diverse international teams;
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You are able to work autonomously, with the capacity to juggle multiple projects and pay attention to many small details.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya.
- Membership in a professional body related to finance, accounting and compliance is an added advantage.
Work Requirements/ Conditions
The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required. Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the country offices if appropriate.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing Date: 7th July 2020
How to apply
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the link below.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing Date: 7th July 2020