Regional Head of Operations at Equity Bank
- Own, provide oversight and leadership in driving the Operations role and performance of all the branches in a Region
- Supervise Operations Managers in a given region while working closely with branch and region management
- Be a proven team player with ability to own and drive change management.
- Drive and deliver targeted business efficiency, Turnaround time, Operational risk excellence, identified business growth of each branch in the cluster by ensuring agreed Key Performance Areas, targets and KPIs
- Drive adoption and utilisation of business tools and technology to delivery desired business objectives and customer service excellence
- Responsible for managing Operations across all Branches and key link to Head Office Operations and CPC, other sales, relationship and business teams in the region and branches
- Deliver excellent compliance and operational standards by meeting performance benchmarks set.
- The ideal candidate should have a passion for technology use and its adoption in growing business, innovative and adaptive.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
REGIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- Cascade targets and take accountability for achievement of set targets for Operations in branches in a Region
- Support the regional team achieve overall strategic efficiencies in operations and business.
- Drive customer excellence in a region through compliance to Processes and Procedures, and the use and adoption of latest bank business systems
- Budget Accountability: Responsible for strict cost management in branches in a Region
- Manage the Regions’ performance with rigor by undertaking performance reviews depending on the current Operations focus and develop short term strategies in conjunction with Group Chief of IT and Operations (GCIO), Director of Operations, branch managers and regional management to ensure that overall performance targets are met
- Develop a high performing team through effective use of KPIs/ SMART targets by creating links between own contribution and the organization’s goals and timely reviews with active feedback and coaching
- Conduct regular meetings with Branch Operations Managers to ensure all stake holders are on track in performance, receive feedback on any issues arising from the business and support those with performance challenges.
- Responsible for coaching, training and developing high performing teams and ensuring continuity
- Ensure team engagement i.e. building high performing teams by developing collaborative relationships in line with Equity Bank values
- Share best practices in branch management with branch managers, to enhance delivery of good performance
- Reward and recognise high performing teams and staff, motivating the team towards high performance
- Directly responsible for discipline among staff within the cluster by following the Bank’s disciplinary and grievance procedures.
OPERATION AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- Ensure the region achieves service excellence by closely monitoring and improving customer service standards, through closely working with the Head Office Operations and Shared Services/CPC
- Ensure regular training on customer service, systems, product Knowledge is done for the branch teams in your region
- Ensure stellar customer service and prompt attendance to any customer complaints
- Stay abreast with the latest development in the bank to enable your region in adoption and adaptation
OPERATIONAL RISK AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensure that all operations and controls within the branches are adhered to and in compliance with set procedures, CBK regulations, and laws to protect the business
- Achieve performance standards in the region audit; compliance and BCP and risk assessments.
Additional Responsibilities: On request, participate in Group wide business initiatives and provide expert advice on operations & business matters including any other matter that may be assigned from time to time.
- In depth knowledge of Bank’s strategy, business model, products, technology and processes, operating structure and business interfaces & interdependences
- A good understanding of the bank’s policies and procedures
- A comprehensive knowledge of competitor and market activity in the country and region
- Good awareness of the banking and risk environment
- General awareness of economic, social and cultural factors.
- Key Critical Competencies
- Ability to take an enterprise and thought leadership approach
- Business acumen, marketing & business development
- Sound strategic thinking skills – ability to recognize and implement business strategies to drive profitability, growth, customer acquisition, customer experience and sales productivity
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills (both internal & external)
- Conflict resolution, strong negotiation and persuasion
- Communication for effective presentations, facilitation and report writing purposes
- Interpersonal sensitivity to interact with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others
- Building capability – facilitate an environment where staff can learn, develop and share knowledge
- Requirements: Knowledge, Expertise, Experience; Working experience and Professional membership
- Graduate degree and or ACIB
- 10 years banking working experience with at least 5 years at management level in Retail operations and business
- Knowledge of current trends & practices in business and management
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Track record of good performance in your areas of responsibility
The post Regional Head of Operations at Equity Bank appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.