Regional Health Financing Specialist, WISH2ACTION
We’re seeking an experienced individual, who will be successfully providing strategic and technical support for the development and implementation of strategies to increase public investment in FP and SRH across WISH2ACTION countries. He/She will have overall accountability for ensuring that quarterly and annual milestones and logframe indicators relating to domestic financing are achieved.
Summary purpose and objective of role
The Regional Health Financing Specialist is responsible for providing strategic and technical support for the development and implementation of strategies to increase public investment in Family Planning and SRH across WISH2ACTION Countries. While support will be provided across all WISH2ACTION countries, priority will be placed on providing support to countries where Options has a presence namely Malawi, Uganda, Zambia, Madagascar, Tanzania, Pakistan and Bangladesh. This will be achieved in close collaboration with the Health Financing Advisors based in WISH2ACTION countries as well as the Options health financing experts in London
The Regional Health Financing Specialist will have overall accountability for ensuring that the quarterly and annual milestones and logframe indicators relating to domestic financing are achieved across each of the seven countries.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
· At least a Master’s Degree in public health, health economics, health management or a related field.
· At least ten years’ work experience in a highly competitive and busy work environment, with significant experience in the provision of technical assistance for health.
· A solid understanding of Public Financial Management (PFM) including annual budget cycles, Medium Term Expenditure Frameworks (MTEFs) and the principles of transparency and accountability, particularly health budget tracking and advocacy.
· Considerable experience in leading the delivery of donor-funded programmes, particularly those funded by DFID.
See the Job Description for more details: https://options.co.uk/jobs/regional-health-financing-specialist
About the programme and Options
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
WISH2ACTION is led by the International Planned Parenthood Foundation (IPPF) with the following consortium partners: Options (national ownership lead); Marie Stopes International (service delivery partner); International Rescue Committee (service delivery partner); Development Media International (social norm and behaviour change lead) and Handicap International (inclusion of disabilities).
Our approach to National Ownership comprises of four strategies: increase government commitment to SRH/FP outcomes through domestic financing; use evidence-based advocacy and effective partnerships to strengthen policy and legislation; use evidence to hold the government to account for SRH outcomes and; promote quality control and standards of service provision and care.
· Options is an equal opportunities employer
How to apply:
· To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role (Kenya-HF Specialist–WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
· Closing date 30th January: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
· Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
· Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).