Regional Medical Officer at Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)
CHAK’s constitution provides for membership to Protestant churches’ health facilities and community-based health programmes provided their services are not for profit. Mission To facilitate member health units in their provision of quality healthcare services through advocacy, health systems strengthening, networking and innovative health programme.
The project is seeking to fill a position for a Regional Medical Officer to be based in the program Embu office.
Overall Job Function:
The Regional Medical Officer will provide technical oversight for HIV/TB prevention as well as care and treatment interventions for 9 CHAK-CHAP Uzima supported Faith-based facilities in the Program Cluster 7 region i.e. Meru (4), Tharaka-Nithi(4) and Laikipia (1).
This will include provision of oversight for the CHAK-CHAP Uzima staff supporting the cluster 7 region, county engagement, mentorship and capacity building of facility staff and the regional team.
Key duties and Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the regional team and supported facilities
- Planning and implementation of HIV Prevention Care and Treatment and TB services at supported facilities
- Participate in quality assurance/quality improvement of TB and HIV services at the facility level including TB Infection Prevention and Control interventions
- Support Site Improvement and Monitoring Systems at facility level through onsite mentorship
- Provide onsite clinical systems mentorship to facility staff
- Preparation of work plans, technical reports and contribute to budget preparations
- Support review of regional program performance data and assist in the development of quarterly review slides and quarterly presentations.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of activities relating to HIV care and participate in program performance review meetings. Utilize data to inform quality of care and performance in supported facilities and provide requisite mentor-ship on use of data to improve patient management.
- Participate in regional, county and sub-county level HIV and TB technical working groups and serve as the liaison between CHAK_CHAP Uzima and the county health teams.
- Perform joint supervision of HIV care and treatment TB and HIV services with the County and Sub-County Health Management Teams (C/ SHMTs)
- Actively participate in program operational Research
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Clinical Technical Advisor
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Medical Doctor with a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine from a reputable University and duly registered with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC)
- At least 3 years progressive HIV-related clinical experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a HIV donor funded program.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Ms. Word, Ms. Excel and Ms. PowerPoint with excellent presentation skills
- Self-driven, innovative, a team player and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to be based in Embu with lots of travel within the Upper Eastern Region.
The post Regional Medical Officer at Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.