Regional Operations Manager (Lead) at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian and development network, with millions of volunteers in 190 member National Societies.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of Reg. Head of DCPRR unit, the Regional Operations Manager will assume lead role of IFRC’s COVID-19 operation across the sub-share for providing roust operational support to African NSs through IFRC’s CCST and country offices. Key to the position will be providing support to African National Societies in the management of the ongoing emergency response, ensuing close coordination with Movement actors, coordinating actions amongst different Units within the IFRC at the regional- and sub-regional-levels, and contributing to building the capacities of ANS throughout the implementation of the response operation phase.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 1
- Initiate, plan and mobilise IFRC resources in support of assessment, planning, and implementation of the emergency response operations in Africa.
- Supervise IFRC technical leads to ensure they work closely with the managers of relevant departments in all related programming roles and responsibilities, providing advice and recommendations that carefully consider local capacity and context.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other emergency actors to enhance the implementation of the emergency plan of action. Support, the NS’ to enhance their position vis a vis the national and international coordination mechanism.
- Support IFRC technical leads to develop programme approaches which strengthen and develop the National Society’s structures, capacity and performance; analyze and understand their current strengths and weaknesses and to ensure provision of necessary technical and material support particularly in relation to the ongoing crisis.
- Promote and assist the integration of humanitarian priorities and interventions within all relevant programming divisions
- Ensure that the response is based on frameworks and approaches that are consistent with or have considered national and international standards and guidelines, as well as IFRC policies, procedures and tools.
- Assist the NS’, Movement and external partners in the achievement of planned outcomes and deliverables following quality standards, in a timely fashion, and within budgets.
- Ensure a robust and coherent monitoring of the situation and its potential evolution and ensure that humanitarian interventions are responsive to current and emerging needs and threats.
- Work with the Regional DCPRR Unit and COVID-19 Response team to develop, implement and review contingency planning for identified threats in operational areas, as well as the development of capacities within the NS for emergency response. Integrate Preparedness for Effective Response (PER) approach into response operations.
- Work closely with the Public Health in Emergencies technical focal point at the Africa Regional Office
- Support the establishment of an effective information management system for the response, including statistics.
- Work with PMER leads in IFRC and the NS’ to ensure that planning and reporting requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner. Ensure timely issuance of high quality SitReps, operations’ updates and required reports.
- Ensure effective use of operation’s monitoring tools, operations status tracking system and tools and ensure adherence of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of assigned operations, develop operations risk registers and support implementation of operational risk mitigation measures.
- Ensure sound financial management is applied to all Federation-assisted programmes,
- that budgets are monitored, and any problems identified, and solutions implemented in timely and effective manner.
- Manage operational budgets to ensure that expenditure relating to IFRC-supported operations is within income and approved ceilings, in compliance with IFRC finance procedures and in line with donor earmarking requirements.
- Represent IFRC with relevant senior internal and key external relationships, country and Region offices, PNS, ICRC, donors, host government, the UN, other INGOs and the media.
Job Duties & Responsibilities 2
- University degree in relevant area
- Basic Delegates Training Course or IMPACT. FACT, ERU, RDRT training or equivalent experience and technical competencies
- At least 8 years of disaster management experience, including managing staff
- Field experience in coordinating and managing disaster and crisis management or public health emergency management projects and activities especially population movements
- Experience in project cycle management including proposal development, budgeting and reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Good knowledge and relevant work experience in the regional context
- Work experience with RC/RC
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- Effective team and project management skills
- Good analytical skills and solution-oriented
- Good mentoring and capacity development skills
- Ability to work well in a multicultural team
- Excellent stress management skills
- Demonstrated accountability
Competencies and Values
- Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National society and customer relations; Creativity and innovation; Building trust
- Strategic orientation; Building alliances; Leadership; Empowering others
The post Regional Operations Manager (Lead) at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.