Regional Operations Officer | ReliefWeb
· Key role working as part of our Africa Regional Team
· Be a significant contributor to ending avoidable blindness
· Full time, 2 year Contract (view to extend) based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Come and join our international development organisation where we are working hard to eliminate avoidable blindness by 2020. With an ambitious strategic plan, we aim to take The Foundation even closer to realising our vision of ending avoidable blindness.
In order to help us achieve our vision, we are currently looking for a Regional Operations Officer who will provide support and build operational capacity in the country teams within our Africa region. Based in Nairobi, Kenya and reporting to the Regional Operations Coordinator, you will focus on building capacity, and support countries to effectively comply with operational policies, systems and processes as well as developing and refining work processes and systems that are regionally appropriate. You will also play a vital role in supporting systems implementation; admin & logistics; managing small country programs; board reporting and the budgeting process. In return you will work in a dynamic, highly respected team of International Development professionals and gain invaluable experience and mentoring.
Essential criteria includes;
- Degree in Public Health, International Development or in a related field.
- Solid experience in international development, public health and an understanding of the donor landscape
- Previous experience working in a coordination role within an INGO head-office environment
- Knowledge of and implementation of organisational strategies, systems, processes and standards
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to support and influence multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural and mixed language environments.
- Strong communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English and the ability to write effectively for varied purposes and audiences.
- Energy, flexibility and resilience, a team playing approach and a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.