Regional Supply Chain Officer
Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian and development organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,600 staff in over 45 countries, we have reached over 20 million people in 2018.
YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY . . .
ensuring that the Supply Chain Management is optimized, efficient and compliant. Provide expertise and guidance, systems, procedures, processes and tools, training and capacity building to the supply chain regional teams, to enable them to make informed decisions.
Key Activities in Your Role Include:
- Process the procurement requests as received at the Regional office while ensuring the best performance in Procurement; transparency, shortest delivery time, value for money.
- Ensure we have Framework agreement for all the essential items procured at Horn & Eastern Africa Regional Office.
- Assess the market annually in view of updating the framework agreements and updating LINK and validating what is uploaded on LINK.
- Ensures that Action Against Hunger procurement procedures laid out in Kit Log are correctly understood and implemented as per the procedures and donor rules.
- Continuously analyze SP&PPP with follow up of economic indicators that impact the market prices (inflation rate, tax law & risk identification)
- Monitor the quality of ordered items and services, ensures minimum standards in collaboration with the technical departments; ensure proper sensitization of all teams.
- Ensure that archiving for purchase dossiers is done correctly on the approved Action Against Hunger platforms.
- Ensure and control that all procurement follow up tools are implemented correctly, updated and shared with the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger is compliant with regional customs rules.
- Ensure any stocks kept at the regional office are well maintained and monitored.
- Prepare and share procurement and comprehensive market analysis reports on Action Against Hunger areas of need with all users.
- Represent Action Against Hunger-Horn & Eastern Africa Regional Office externally on all supply chain related issues and develops his/her network to exchange on best practices and information.
- Identify, adapt and implement best practices in the areas of procurement and supply management from other INGOs and private sector organizations to improve processes, systems and ways of working at country and/or organizational level.
- Engage with country teams to identify supply chain context challenges and address them as they arise.
Do You Meet The Profile Required Criteria ?
- You have a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- You are Certification in Procurement and Supply (KISM, CIPS, CPSM etc.)
- You have at least 3 years’ experience coordinating supply chain in humanitarian context.
- You have demonstrated previous experience in Supply chain ERP
- You have demonstrated experience of in managing country-level supply chain, Regional and International Procurement and cross border shipping
- You have experience with INGO is desirable.
- You have a good understanding of the donor rules (ECHO/USAID/DFID among other donors)
- You have a good command of Excel, Word and Outlook,
- You are fluent in English.
- You have demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and manage relationships with various stakeholders.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to plan for multiple contingencies and strong attention to detail.
- You have a genuine interest in and commitment to humanitarian principles
- You are flexible and willing to take on additional tasks.
- You have the ability to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances
- You have Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are member of a professional body related to Supply chain /Procurement.
Our Core values.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate Action Against Hunger’s five core values
Respect-: we work with compassion and dedication, treating everyone the same way we expect them to treat us.
Integrity-: we believe that being honest and fair is integral to every aspect of our work. conducting our work with a spirit of sincerity, truthfulness and transparency is imperative.
Creativity-: we encourage new ideas, embrace innovative solutions, and create opportunities for meaningful and exciting ways to do our jobs and provide solutions to address the needs of the populations we serve.
Excellence-: we strive to provide services that meet and even exceed the expectations of our stakeholders (populations in need, staff, communities and donors).
Empowerment-: we are committed to fostering an environment in which our staff, partners and communities where we work have the space to grow, develop and feel confident about participating.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: –
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
How to apply
To apply click on the link below: