Registered Nurse III at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK)
The Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948; Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments; At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission; Independence Constitution had Regional PSC’s but abolished in 1964 following constitutional amendments; It is the oldest Constitutional Commission and its mandate has expanded over the years. The Commission then constituted of a chairman, a deputy chairman and fifteen members all appointed by the President. The Commission, since then, has handled matters of human resource management in the public service especially the civil service and local authorities. Constitution of Kenya, 2010 promulgated on 27th August 2010 reconstituted the Commission with a redefined and expanded mandate and a lean membership.
No of Positions: 151
Terms of Service: Three (3) months contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated)
Medical Officers – Ksh.100,000 p.m.
Other Professionals Degrees – Ksh.70,000 p.m.
Diploma Holders – Ksh.50,000 p.m.
(CSG 12) V/NO.161/2020
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C with at least a C in Biology, English or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two (2) Science subjects;
- successfully completed three (3) years pre-service training at Kenya Medical Training College or any other recognized training institution and have been awarded the Kenya Registered Nurse or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse Diploma or Kenya Registered Midwifery;
- Registration Certificate from the Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- a valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- provision, supervision and planning or nursing care of patients at an outpatient department or wards in a hospital, Health Center and Dispensary;
- assessing patients’ admission needs for nursing services;
- verifying and maintaining information relating to patients’ admissions;
- keeping records of drugs and other supplies; and
- guiding, supervising and counselling staff and performing routine clinical duties.
The post Registered Nurse III at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.