Registered Nurse Job, Current Nursing Jobs in Kenya 2020,
REGISTERED NURSE III – ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY ONE (151) POSTS
(CSG 12) V/NO.161/2020
- For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C with at least a C in Biology, English or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two (2) Science subjects;
- successfully completed three (3) years pre-service training at Kenya Medical Training College or any other recognized training institution and have been awarded the Kenya Registered Nurse or Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse Diploma or Kenya Registered Midwifery;
- Registration Certificate from the Nursing Council of Kenya; and
- a valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya;
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer. Specific duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- provision, supervision and planning or nursing care of patients at an outpatient department or wards in a hospital, Health Center and Dispensary;
- assessing patients’ admission needs for nursing services;
- verifying and maintaining information relating to patients’ admissions;
- keeping records of drugs and other supplies; and
- guiding, supervising and counselling staff and performing routine clinical duties.
How To Apply
The Public Service Commission (PSC) in conjuction with the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (Directorate of Health Services) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions on three (3) months contract based on identified needs.
Terms of Service: Three (3) months contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated)
Medical Officers – Ksh.100,000 p.m.
Other Professionals Degrees – Ksh.70,000 p.m.
Diploma Holders – Ksh.50,000 p.m.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke so as to reach the Commission on or before 13th July 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time)