Registered Physiotherapist III at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK)
The Commission dates back to 1954 when Civil Service Commission was established by British Colonial Government following Holmes Commission Report, 1948; Civil Service Commission was advisory to the Governor in matters of appointments; At independence in 1963 it was enshrined in the constitution and renamed Public Service Commission; Independence Constitution had Regional PSC’s but abolished in 1964 following constitutional amendments; It is the oldest Constitutional Commission and its mandate has expanded over the years. The Commission then constituted of a chairman, a deputy chairman and fifteen members all appointed by the President. The Commission, since then, has handled matters of human resource management in the public service especially the civil service and local authorities. Constitution of Kenya, 2010 promulgated on 27th August 2010 reconstituted the Commission with a redefined and expanded mandate and a lean membership.
No of Positions: 5
Terms of Service: Three (3) months contract
Remuneration Package (Consolidated)
Medical Officers – Ksh.100,000 p.m.
Other Professionals Degrees – Ksh.70,000 p.m.
Diploma Holders – Ksh.50,000 p.m.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean Grade C or above or its equivalent with passes in the relevant subjects;
- a Diploma in Physiotherapy from a recognized institution;
- a Certificate of registration from the Physiotherapy Council of Kenya (PCK); and
- a valid practicing license from Physiotherapy Council of Kenya (PCK).
Duties and Responsibilities
- providing Physiotherapy services to inpatients and outpatients at an outpatient unit /ward/ health institution;
- assessing patient needs including rehabilitation;
- verifying and maintaining information and records relating to patients;
- collecting, screening, assessing and providing therapeutic exercises ,manual therapy, electrotherapy and hydrotherapy as per the patients /clients formulated treatment plan;
- sensitizing the community on physiotherapy services; and
- preparing periodic reports.
The post Registered Physiotherapist III at Public Service Commission Kenya (PSCK) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.