Research and Business Development Associate
Horn Africa Consultants Firm (HACOF) supports clients ranging from governments and non-governmental organizations across the Horn of Africa region to operate more effectively. HACOF helps using proven strategies; methodologies and road maps thus provide relevant, insightful, and cost-effective research, organizational development, democracy, governance & peacebuilding, and Media Monitoring & Analysis portfolios. For more info on the firm, please visit our website https://hacof.com
2. WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking to recruit a result-oriented professional to support both quantitative and qualitative studies. This is a key role in ensuring the quality of research outputs and bids with the view of securing our competitive advantage and improving performance.
The Research and Business Development Associate will be responsible for writing high-quality reports, bid proposals, and control the quality of data collected during field works.
· Post-graduate degree in social sciences, statistics, economics, or equivalent qualifications or evidence of equivalent experience.
· At least 5 years of experience in empirical research, data analysis, and in writing evidence-based reports with practical recommendations.
· Demonstrable knowledge and experience in resource mobilization, business outsourcing, soliciting, and defending proposals.
· Excellent oral presentation, communication and networking skills, and interpersonal ability.
· Excellent skills in managing and delivering a range of research projects quality control and solid outputs.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills, that ensure work is effectively prioritized to meet deadlines.
· Ability to develop and utilize appropriate methods and tools to support high-quality research.
· Practical and theoretical understanding of certain portfolio areas such as governance, media peacebuilding, etc.
· Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive approach to problem-solving.
· Proven skills in report writing for and presentation of high-quality research findings, including experience in developing conclusions and policy & practice recommendations from research evidence.
· Ability to use quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis software packages
(for example, R, STATA, SPSS, Nvivo, etc.).
3. JOB DESCRIPTION
The position may require occasional travels and overnights to certain field locations. The key tasks will include but are not limited to:
· Compile, analyze, and report data for evaluations (baseline, midline or end-line), Third Party Monitoring, assessments, and other reports.
· Conduct internal audits and data quality control measures as well as ensure field data is of high quality and meets the clients’ standards.
· Support the Senior Research Manager in the development and utilization of appropriate research methodologies and methods, evaluation strategies, and research tools including innovative technology tailored methods.
· Deploy primary research tools (questionnaires design –sampling- interviews –focus groups) and conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis in relevance to the assigned studies.
· Lead presentation to relevant clients on research findings and outcomes.
· Work Senior Research/Business Development Manager in the development of new project ideas, including the development of funding proposals with a particular emphasis on research, TPMs, and evaluations.
· Working with the Business Development Unit and Chief of Operations, to contribute to the production of concept notes, expression of interest, and bid proposals.
· Lead the preparation of competitive bid proposals and expressions of interest.
· Perform any other relevant researches and studies.
How to apply
To apply for this post please send a CV, cover letter, writing sample (original, unedited work), and two references to the Chief of Operations at [email protected] and copy [email protected] with the subject line ‘Research and Development Associate– ‘’your name’’. Feel free to get in touch if you require more information about the role. Initial closing date: November 5th, 2020.