Research Assistants at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP)
The KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is based within the KEMRI Centre for Geographic Medical Research – (Coast). Our core activities are funded by the Wellcome Trust. We conduct integrated epidemiological, social, laboratory and clinical research in parallel, with results feeding into local and international health policy. Our research platforms include state-of-the-art laboratories, a demographic surveillance system covering a quarter of a million residents, partnership with Kilifi County Hospital in health care and hospital surveillance, a clinical trials facility, a vibrant community engagement programme and a dedicated training facility. The KWTRP leadership includes the Executive Director Philip Bejon, the KEMRI Centre Director Benjamin Tsofa, the Ag. Nairobi Programme director Mike English and the Chief Operating Officer Catherine Kenyatta. Our Vision to establish long term sustainable capacity for research in human health that improves global health. Our Mission to deliver high quality research relevant to global health and to build local capacity for undertaking research.
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Duration: A renewable one year contract, as per KEMRI scheme of service. The first three months being probation period.
- Diploma in Nursing, Public Health, Sociology, Community Health & Development; Social Work, Counseling or any other relevant health/social sciences required. Bachelor’s Degree qualification in the related field preferred.
- Experience with community-based research for public health or clinical studies preferred.
- Experience with research studies or programs on TB/COVID-19 will be an added advantage.
- Training and experience in conducting quantitative surveys preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement all components of the study protocol at the site level.
- Ensure compliance to protocol and procedures for all study components.
- Explaining the study to and recruiting eligible participants for the study.
- Administering informed consent and enrolling eligible participants .
- Administering baseline assessments surveys for participants recruited into the study.
- Assist in sample collection for SARS-CoV-2 screening.
- Regularly monitoring participants progress as per the study protocol.
- Conduct routine follow up visits and assessments of the participants during the study period.
- Conduct contact tracing for close contacts of all TB and COVID-19 cases confirmed.
- Ensure completeness of all data collected.
- Participate in study meetings (in-person, internet conference calls).
- Assist with dissemination of study findings.
- May perform other project related duties as requested or required.
Other required skills:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Kiswahili and Dholou required.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and organize workload.
- Excellent time and resource management skills.
- Ability to work with tight timelines and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- High level of competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be willing to work in informal and low-income settlement.
- Flexibility to work non-business hours; being available for calls outside of business hours due to time differences between the U.S. and Kenya.
The post Research Assistants at KEMRI Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.