Research Associate at International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works to improve food security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for better and more sustainable use of livestock. ILRI is a CGIAR research centre – part of a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
- Preparing and validating tick-borne diseases (TBDs) recombinant antigens.
- Perform serological and molecular diagnosis of tick-borne and other diseases, analyse data and present results.
- Procurement of all the laboratory reagents and consumables required and liaise with the technology manager to replace and procure new equipment.
- Ensure all laboratory users, including ILRI regular staff, visitors or any other person who would like to work in the unit adhere to the required procedures and observe Good Lab Practices (GLBS).
- Train students and visiting scientists on the ELISA technique for tick borne disease diagnoses as per their needs.
- Invoicing and follow up payments for the diagnostic services rendered.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required.
- Prepare, ship and process payments for ELISA kits for outside users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent with five years’ relevant experience
- Experience working with scientific tests on biological samples.
- Knowledge and experience working and performing serological and molecular assays will be an added advantage.
- Experience in data analysis and report writing preferred.
- Broad knowledge of methods and techniques and standard operating procedures related to area of operation.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and good personal organisational skills.
- Good judgement and willingness to take initiative when appropriate.
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Terms of Appointment
This is position is at job level HG 12 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position on a 2-year fixed term contract. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances.
The post Research Associate at International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.