RESTORING FAMILY LINKS OFFICER – NAIROBI
RESTORING FAMILY LINKS OFFICER
About the Job
The Restoring Family Links (RFL) Officer contributes to the implementation and monitoring of ICRC RFL activities in Somalia.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi with frequent travel to Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Contributes to the identification of RFL issue, monitoring and follow up of cases
· Supports field visits including technical accompaniment to SRCS RFL offices and ICRC teams as needed
· Ensures that proper flow of information and follow up of individual tracing cases are done in timely manner and on monthly basis
· Is the focal person for the tracing program at the field level, validating cases, sharing working lists with SRCS RFL Coordinators and ensuring that enquirers are re-contacted after 6 months
· Participates when required in internal and external meetings relating to RFL
· Analyses data and contributes to written reports as required; participates in planning, budgeting and monitoring and evaluation exercises related to RFL
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science or any other related field of study
· 4 years’ experience in a busy humanitarian environment focusing on Protection or Human Rights activities
· Experience in fostering a constructive working environment for the team members
· Ability to work independently and in a multicultural environment
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· High level of confidentiality
· Excellent command of written and spoken English and Somali
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and expected salary range. The closing date is 15th June 2021**.** Clearly indicate the position title Restoring Family Links Officer, Nairobi in the subject line of your email.
Email Address: [email protected]
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *[email protected].***
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information**