Risk Surveyor at Old Mutual Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
- Conducting and carrying out detailed physical risks surveys at client’s premises
- Taking and collecting photographic evidence during the physical surveys
- Writing internal risk survey reports and proof-reading external survey reports for underwriters
- Making recommendations to underwriters about the required risk improvements after a survey
- Providing advice to clients and making recommendations about required improvements
- Follow up with clients (brokers/agents/direct clients) on the progress of implementation of the agreed risk recommendations versus the stipulated timelines
- Assigning quality grades for risk recommendations already implemented
- Maintaining awareness on the changes in legislation regarding risk protection and improvement
- Providing quarterly reports on all surveys done
- Working with risk control team and other departments to maintain high technical knowledge and standard within the business
- Keeping up date with technical aspects and emerging trends affecting risks e.g. trade processes, legislations, and hazardous materials.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 5 Years experience in a busy risk survey firm and capable of conducting any type of risk survey.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
Qualifications, Knowledege & Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Minimum age – 25 years
- COP in insurance or a course in fire safety will be an added advantage
The post Risk Surveyor at Old Mutual Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.