RWMT Farm Assistant NGO Jobs
Farm Assistant Job, Agricultural Jobs,
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR VARIOUS POSITIONS
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-county in Siaya County. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the following vacant positions;
- FINANCE OFFICER
- STORES ASSISTANT
- FARM SUPERVISOR
- FARM ASSISTANT
- HOSTEL MATRON
(d) FARM ASSISTANT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Keep the demonstration plot as a Centre of Excellence and undertake demonstrations to community members and other visiting parties at the plot.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
R1. Demo Plots Management and Maintenance
- Assist in ensuring that the demonstration plots at the project site are in a presentable state and serve as an example of what should be practiced in the community.
- Assist in ensuring the use of organic farming methods in the maintenance and management of the gardens.
R2. Agroforestry Support Activities
- Assist in organizing how the beneficiaries will receive inputs from RWMT to help them in their agroforestry work in the community.
- Work with counselors in selection of new families in accordance with the set criteria to participate in agroforestry activities.
- Assist in demonstrating to the designated vulnerable households on how the home gardens can be fenced with local materials and re-enforced with chicken wire.
R3. Administrative Duties
- Request for inputs from the inventory in order to implement the activities on the ground.
- Assist in carrying out Agro based procurements.
- Develop comprehensive reports on all matters that take place on the ground.
- Maintain follow-up system to ensure efficient processes and support supervision.
- Maintain and keep up to date and accurate records and reports of activities according to the organization’s M&E and reporting requirements.
R4. Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
( The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- Level of education: At least KCSE (“O” Level) with two years hands on experience on Agroforestry profession and at least a Certificate in Agriculture or related discipline.
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications: Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
- Requires good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with beneficiaries, Local Community Members, senior government officials and staff.
- Must have a valid Motorbike license and be able to ride the motorbike.
At least two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to [email protected] by 24th February 2021.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.