RWMT Hostel Matron NGO Jobs Kenya
Hostel Matron Job, Current NGO Jobs,
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR VARIOUS POSITIONS
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-county in Siaya County. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the following vacant positions;
- FINANCE OFFICER
- STORES ASSISTANT
- FARM SUPERVISOR
- FARM ASSISTANT
- HOSTEL MATRON
(F) HOSTEL MATRON
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Create a happy and well-disciplined atmosphere throughout the Hostel. The Matron is required to play a key role in the care of all the students in the hostel on a day-to-day basis, with particular responsibility for the physical, social and emotional well-being and presentation of the students in the Hostel. Ultimately, the objective of the Hostel Matron is to play a significant role in establishing a ‘home away from home’ environment in which the boarders are at ease.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
R1. Hostel Facility Duties
- Ensure a clean, habitable and homely hostel environment for the students.
- Motivate the girls to maintain cleanliness of the hostel facilities and therefore learn through doing in the spirit of holistic education.
- Effectively manage boarding items i.e. linen, bedcovers, blankets, pillows, mattresses etc. to ensure that they are clean and well maintained.
- Conduct regular inspections of the hostel premises and identify repair and maintenance needs and report to the RTRC Principal.
- Maintain discipline and care in the use of the hostel facilities and boarding items.
R2. Hostel Health and Safety
- Take reasonable steps to provide a safe physical environment that supports students’ learning.
- Effectively respond to medical and emergency cases according to established procedures.
- Guidance and counseling of the girls.
- Ensure inspection of the girls’ luggage when they are reporting to school to ensure compliance with school rules and procedures.
- Conduct impromptu inspections of the girl’s rooms to ensure compliance.
- Implement established RTRC hostel policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular roll calls.
- Prepare regular hostel situation reports and submit to the RTRC Principal
R3. Hostel Relationships
- Provide a safe emotional environment that makes students feel positive about their boarding.
- Ensure punctuality of the girls and adherence to the school schedules.
- Effectively manage conflicts amongst the girls in order to maintain a healthy learning environment.
- Ensure adequate hostel supplies
- Maintain hostel stock and inventory
R5. Other duties and responsibilities
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor from time to time and which are geared towards achieving the overall goal of the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- Level of education: Certificate in Hospitality and a KCSE mean grade C
Specialized Training / professional Qualifications
- First Aid Training
- Records Management Training
- Guidance and counselling training is an added advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have passion and commitment to work with children/students
At least three (3) years relevant experience in a similar position and should be mature in age, preferably minimum 35 years
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to [email protected] by 24th February 2021.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.