Safaricom Cloud Administration Engineer Job
Cloud Administration Engineer Job, IT Jobs Kenya 2021,
Engineer – Cloud Administration – (21000413)
Reporting to the Manager – Cloud & Container Management, the position holder shall provide expertise in Cloud designing, planning and operations of the Public Cloud Platforms to support DevOps and Business projects.
- Responsible for building Cloud Principle journeys, Strategies and structures towards delivring a Cluoud fluent at scale while applying DevSecOps principles.
- Responsible for building, maintaining and supporting high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable and distributed Cloud Platforms.
- Responsible for interfacing with application development teams to ensure applications fit within the Cloud Infrastruture with scalability, reliability and security designed and implemented from the onset.
- Responsible for establishing and improving team processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and productivity of people and systems.
- Responsible for reviewing Cloud Providers and Cloud technologies and defining digital transformation models, policies and roadmaps.
- Rrsponsible for Buiding and managing Cloud Container Platforms (ECS,EKS,AKS, ).
- Responsible for Ensuring Security Standards are well defined, Controlled Permission and Service deployements.
- Lead in automation of Cloud Deployents at massive scale to support scaling of digital services.
- Lead the ‘Open source first’as a fit for the future intiative within the function.
- Service Quality Management: Ensure Cloud and container management platforms perform within or exceed KPIs, ensure ability of the system to support specific forms of traffic, and to support end user experience. The same should be tracked using SLAs.
- Resolve faults on all systems deployed for Cloud platforms.
- Escalate to supplier if needed and follow up until resolution
- Quick Turnaround time to resolve emerging threats / issues
- Develop & utilize new products & service acceptance criteria. Active participation in the section to enable team meet sectional and departmental Goals and objectives.
- Have a full understanding of the defined performance indicators, assign tasks, and objectives set.
- Operate within approved OPEX expenditure for the section to meet sectional objectives
- BSc Degree in computer science, Computer Technology, Information Technology or engineering;
- 3+ years’ experience in Public Cloud Planning and/or Support in a busy environment.
- Extensive experience in Public Cloud Platforms and Tools
- Experience with Container/PaaS orchestration/management platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry, Tanzu.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise Linux Server Operating Systems such as RHEL/ CentOS, Ubuntu.
- Good Experience and knowledge DevSecOps methodologies and Tools.
- Experience with Configuration Management eg Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
- Good understanding of build tools, CI/CD, Devops and Agile principles.
- Extensive Cloud knowledge and integration models.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication and leadership skills
How to Apply