Safaricom Enterprise Core Support Engineer Jobs In Kenya
Enterprise Core Support Engineer Job, Current Engineering Jobs,
Engineer – Enterprise Core Support – (21000111)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Converged Service Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager – Core Network Support, the position holder will provide 2nd level technical support leadership for Enterprise Access network to ensure 99.99% Enterprise Access service uptime
- Provide proactive support for Enterprise access network
- Provide reactive support for enterprise access network
- Provide ready for service tests for new access network nodes
- Provide the operations and support input and feedback to planners to ensure rollout meet customer expectation.
- Build technical capacity for Enterprise access field support partners.
- Performance management for Enterprise access field support partners.
- Ensure field support partners are paid on time and correctness of the invoices.
- Ensure technology vendors provide 3rd level support
- Analyze NOC reports to identify root cause and recommend permanent solutions.
- Generate regular and adhoc performance reports on Enterprise Access network
- Monitor for fault trends to fix before impacting the service
- Ensure adequate spares for enterprise access network
- Ensure all Enterprise access network is documented
- Ensure existing processes are adhered to
- Review and improve on the existing processes
- Qualified IP /WiMAX Support Engineer with CCNA, or equivalent with university degree from a recognized university.
- 3 years’ experience in technical support and a minimum of two years technical support hands on experience, preferably for an Internet Service provider or equivalent.
- BSc Computer Science, or BSc. Electrical & electronic engineering, Telecommunication engineering
- Thorough understanding of IPv4
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- IT proficiency skills in MS office suite.
- Knowledge and skills in WiMAX systems, Microwave backhaul systems backed by professional certification.
- Knowledge and Skills on Network Management systems for Wimax networks and Point to Point systems.
- At least 2 year hands-on experience on Wimax, RF systems,FTTx,Fibre
How to Apply
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.