Safaricom Job Vacancy : Manager Competition – Jobs in Kenya
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
Organization Name: Regulatory & Public Policy Department
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Regulatory & Public Policy Department within the Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Department – Regulatory & Public Policy, the position holder will provide well developed and professional advisory services with an emphasis on competition and industry regulatory matters, consistent evaluation of industry regulation and legislation, policy review and research as well as develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders.
Manager Competition Job Responsibilities
- To advice on Safaricom’s engagement with regulators and competitors in competition management;
- To review relevant laws touching on competition matters and prepare detailed opinions/ advisories on the same;
- To prepare detailed opinions and or reports on various competition issues;
- To research and develop best practice methods as well as benchmark with external markets in competition management;
- To prepare, review and ensure Safaricom’s best interests are protected in all legal and or quasi-legal documents relating to interconnection agreements, roaming and signaling contracts, international carrier agreements collocation and facility sharing agreements and transmission capacity leases;
- To participate in implementation of regulatory interventions introduced by regulators affecting competition;
- To manage various stakeholders both internal and external on competition matters, as may be necessary;
- To represent Safaricom’s position at any regulator convened hearing/decision making forum when required including the preparation of briefs and submissions.
Job Requirements for the Manager Competition Job
- Degree in Law and or Business related field from a reputable university;
- At least 5 years work experience in a similar role;
- Professional courses and experience in competition management will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge/Work experience in Telecommunications industry will be an added advantage;
- Strong networking, presentation and advocacy skills;
- Good communication skills and work ethics.