Safaricom Job Vacancy : Software Engineer – Jobs in Kenya
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Safaricom Garage within the Innovation Hub. To intensify our efforts to transform lives, we have recently established Safaricom Garage, an innovation setup with the goal to create new solutions on top of the Safaricom platform.
At Safaricom Garage we are bringing together product managers, engineers and partners to develop scalable solutions that can transform lives in our region. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering we are looking for individuals with strong software engineering skills, are passionate about developing industrial strength software solutions and have a track record that proves their skills. We are not particular about the programming languages you have mastered, but interested in individuals, who understand programming and strive towards developing great products.
We want to hire a team of software engineers, who take pride in what they build, who are self-motivated to constantly improve their skills and who will bring a new perspective towards developing outstanding products. In addition we expect our software engineering team to develop their own ideas and create viable solutions.
Software Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Develop software products;
- Work in a larger engineering team tasked to develop new products for Safaricom;
- Create new ideas and demonstrate them in code;
- Work with product managers and external parties in a team;
- Ensure delivery timelines.
Requirements for the Software Engineer Job
- Proficient in various programming languages and frameworks, such as C, C++, Java, Ruby, Python and Django, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Android or iOS experience
- Understanding of API design and core software design techniques
- Technical understanding of both front-end and backend development
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2-3 years of coding experience in a non-university setting
- Experience with mobile app development.