Sales Analyst at East African Packaging Industries (EAPI)
EAPI (East Africa Packaging Industries) is the hub for East Africa operations of Canadian Overseas Packaging which manufactures corrugated cartons.
Job Summary: The ideal candidate will cull sales data from employee, company and industry reports, evaluate and analyse data over time, create forecasts for future sales trends, presenting conclusions and insights to the Head of Sales and Sales Team as required.
The sales analyst will be responsible for evaluating and predicting sales trends to help EAPI optimize its promotional strategies.
The job involves using historical sales data and sales prediction software, drawing up detailed sales reports, and making informed suggestions on how to improve company profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collects data from sales reports for analysis.
- Develops methods and strategies for assessing large amounts of data.
- Closely studies past sales data to determine trends in productivity.
- Examines company budget.
- Conducts research into competitive companies and the surrounding market.
- Studies shopping and purchase trends of our customers consumer base and target demographic.
- Uses sales prediction software to determine future trends.
- Creates sales evaluation reports based on collected data.
- Presents sales reports to company managers, directors, and/or CEO.
- Suggests adjustments and revisions to promotional strategies to improve sales and profitability.
- Assists with the evaluation of sales personnel output and productivity as requested by Sales Team Managers, directors, and/or CEO.
- Provides suggestions for budget rearrangement and re-allocation of funds to save money, improve productivity or convert revenue opportunities.
- Serves as a consultant for company commercial strategies.
- Assists in designing promotional materials.
- Attends and participates in sales strategy meetings.
- Leads informational sessions for staff to explain sales trends and new marketing strategies.
- Assists in implementing budget and marketing changes and evaluates results.
- Draws up reports of improvements or lack thereof in the wake of commercial activity.
- Any other departmental tasks assigned.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting option.
- Possesses strong math skills.
- Minimum 2 yrs. work experience in the sales or finance sector.
- Experience in Marketing and communications is desirable but not necessary.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of sales forecasting software.
- Possesses knowledge of the industry or market in which he or she is conducting analysis.
- Exhibits ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Speaks confidently and articulately in front of a group.
- Demonstrate the ability to think both analytically and creatively.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Communicates clearly, effectively and works well with a team.
- Pays close attention to detail and manages time efficiently.
- Can translate financial and mathematical jargon into layman’s terms for explanatory purposes.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable performing anything from the repetitive analytical chore to the complex one off highly complex analytics.
- A curious mind inquisitive about the causal and explanations for trends and movements in data.
- Must be a Self-Starter, working well independently with little supervision.
- Must be a highly organized individual, able to maintain records and data in an organized and easily retrievable manner.
- Must have a high sense of professionalism.
The post Sales Analyst at East African Packaging Industries (EAPI) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.