Lead Civil Engineer Job, Engineering Kenya Jobs 2021,
Title: Lead Civil Engineer
Location: The position is based in Nairobi with considerable movement to Kinanie, Machakos constituency and Kilifi, Kilifi County
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Civil Engineer who will work on retrofitting Sanergy’s existing facilities and design future facilities.
- Work with various engineering disciplines to develop optimized layouts for various BSF production and processing facilities
- Explore different technologies for structures and propose optimum designs based on cost-benefit analysis ● Review/Develop civil engineering deliverables (layout, civil drawings, architectural drawings, calculations) ● Perform design calculations for various engineering problems
- Develop preliminary BQs and cost estimates for various civil scope of works
- Explore different technologies for wastewater treatment system and propose optimum solution based on cost-benefit analysis
- Explore different technologies for leachate management and propose optimum solution based on cost-benefit analysis
- Review vendor/consultant drawings and provide technical feedback to ensure specifications are met ● Provide engineering input to mechanical and process designs
- Shortlist potential consultants/vendors and request designs for quotation
- Lead meetings with consultants/vendors and ensure clarity across areas of responsibility ● Responsible for the technical quality and accuracy of work developed by the civil engineering consultants ● Prepare quality checklists, AM/PM lists, and facility operating procedures
- Develop clear and transparent communication channels with other staff including Engineers, Project Manager, and Administration Staff.
- Provide hands-on field expert level support during design and construction
- Perform field inspections to ensure construction meets the design specifications
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and design of various industrial structures, wastewater treatment facility, and drainage systems
- Demonstrated working knowledge of how multi-disciplinary engineering team functions Building healthy, prosperous communities
- Demonstrated working knowledge or interest in structural designs
- Experience in designing industrial facilities
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Sanergy in an ethical and professional manner. ● Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a workstreams, set priorities, handle budgets and provide constructive feedback to junior members
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
How to apply
18th June, 2021
Interested applicants are invited to upload their applications together with samples of previous projects undertaken as one document and a detailed CV with contact details of three referees
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.