Save the Children ASRH Officer NGO Jobs Kenya
Save the Children is recruiting Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Office who will work closely with Kibra sub-county health management team and with Save the Children project team in planning, implementation and monitoring of integrated ASRH activities at the supported health service and community levels. This support aims to strengthen the responsiveness of the health system to adolescent clients and the engagement of adolescents at the community level to increase their use of health services. Based in Nairobi, the ASRH Officer will participate in sub-county technical working groups and committees; ensure planned activities are implemented according to the work plan and ensure that best practices and key lessons learned are captured and shared internally and with external stakeholders.
Contract Duration: 12 months
No of Vacancy: One (1) Position
Reporting to: Senior Project Officer.
Nationality: Kenya Nationals only
Key Areas of Accountability
- Provide technical support in implementation of the community and facility components of the project ensuring that these align with national and global ASRH best practices.
- Together with Kibra sub-county health management team and the facility in-charges, ensure that the group deliberative process is taking place and actions are documented and implemented.
- Support the planning and roll out of adolescent community dialogue sessions.
- Participates in capacity building activities of health workers and community health volunteers.
- Assist the project technical lead in compiling and writing donor reports, papers of publishable quality, summaries, and related products that efficiently enhance the exposure of project.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation, and documentation of project interventions and activities.
- Contributes to the development of annual work plans and budgets, training plans, quarterly reports and other reports as needed.
- Together with the technical lead and senior project officer ensures the project goals and milestones are met efficiently and effectively, in accordance with project budgets and work plans
Qualifications and Experience
- BSC in Nursing or Clinical Officer diploma or degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health;
- Must be registered with the relevant regulatory bodies of Kenya;
- Familiarity and relevant work experience with evidence-based ASRH interventions and best practices, specifically for youth is strongly preferred.
- Experience working within the health system in Kenya, preferably as a service provider.
- Experience in monitoring programs and participating in evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with sub-county and county MOH staff;
- Excellent planning, representational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- An understanding of and commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values;
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required;
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with minimal supervision
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at . We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Save the Children does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents