Save the Children NGO Internships in Kenya
Country Dimensions: Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current full spectrum programming focuses on child poverty, child protection, education, health and nutrition, WASH and child rights governance. Save the Children has an operational presence in Dadaab refugee camps, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana, Samburu, Wajir, Nairobi and Bungoma Counties.
Objective of Internship
Save the Children is committed to providing opportunities to young people to be exposed to the workplace. By endorsing an active internship policy, Save the Children is able to provide a unique opportunity for young professionals to build their capacity on programming for children. We provide them with short-term placement to sharpen their knowledge and skills in their respective professions through the internship program.
The Internship opportunities are available in the following functions:
- Program Operations/ Implementation.
- Program Development and Quality (Nutrition and Communications & Advocacy).
- Awards (Grants Management).
- Supply Chain.
- HR, Admin and IT.
Internship Period: 3 Months with possibility of extension for another 3 months’ subject to performance.
Responsibilities of the Intern
- The intern will demonstrate motivated participation in the learning experience.
- The intern will participate in the orientation programs of the organization and abide by all terms and conditions as set out in the internship agreement.
- At the end of the assignment, the intern will provide a full report demonstrating learning and achievements during the internship as guided by supervisor.
- Students pursuing post graduate studies from reputable national, regional or international universities studying disciplines relevant to the work of the Save the Children International.
- Young professionals, on completion of at least undergraduate degree, who have not yet entered the formal employment arena.
- Should be available on full time for the duration of the programme.
- For Finance, in addition to a first degree, candidates should be either fully qualified CPA/ACCA or studying for the final part of either of the two courses.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude, drive and the ability to contribute to a multi-cultural, team-based work environment.
- Strong networking capacity and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask; work flexibly, creatively and under pressure in response to needs or changing demands.
- Extremely well organized.
- Highest ethical standards.
How to Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and Motivation letter as a single document indicating the area you are interested in and the location. To apply, please visit our website at . The deadline for receiving applications is 10th March 2021. Only shortlisted applicants will be considered for interview.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer Save the Children does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents