Junior Security Consultant Job, Latest Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya,
Silensec, is a management consulting, technology services and training company specialized in information security, with customers in more than 12 countries in Africa and Europe; offices on two continents and an intense focus on the customer experience, Silensec strives to be the world’s best information Security company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections.
- Monitoring and analysing events and alerts from a wide array of security devices and systems (SIEM’s, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, WIPS, Systems, Networks, Anti-virus, etc.)
- Help with creation of Tickets internally and externally to track all activities.
- Actively teamwork in incident response, triage and analysis.
- Prepares and maintain the Administrative Documentation, respecting internal policies.
- Help in the maintaining the integrity and security of enterprise wide systems and networks
- Provide situational awareness support to ensure protection, detection response and sustenance of the organization security posture
- As part of the team, support security initiatives through predictive and reactive analysis and articulating emerging trends to leadership and staff
- Assisting in the development of security compliance reports such as ISO27001, PCI DSS and more as directed by leadership.
- Assisting in the delivery of vulnerability assessments and remediation.
- Assisting in the deployment and configuration of a range of security controls from leading vendors such as DLP, SIEM, WAF, database firewalls etc.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or a related tertiary qualification.
- At least one to two (1-2) years of related experience and/or training in the field of IT security monitoring and analysis, incident management, cyber threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, or similar cyber security related field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently or in a group as needed.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching.
- Hands-on experience using tcpdump or wireshark, Linux and windows system administration.
- Knowledge of or experience with SIEM, DAM, IPD/IDS monitoring technologies (IBM QRadar, Guardium, Splunk, AlienVault, ArcSight, Suricata, Zeek, Snort, Shodan,etc )
- Working knowledge of the Linux and Window operating system
- Added bonus: Technical certifications from leading vendors such as CISCO, Symantec, IBM,Imperva
- High levels of integrity in the conduct of personal and professional affairs.
- Good communication and sound interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
Remuneration & Benefits
An attractive salary package including medical insurance will be offered to successful candidates based on skill-set and Active experience.
How to Apply
- To apply send a CV to [email protected]
- Applications must be in PDF format
- File name must include your first and last name and the Role you are applying for
- Deadline for applications is 14th July 2020, only shortlisted candidates will be notified by the 21st of July 2020
“Silensec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified persons are encouraged to Apply: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted”