Security Manager (Kericho) at Unilever
On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business – making sustainable living commonplace.
We’re proud of our heritage, ready to innovate and are looking for top talent to join our Security team. Potential candidates who meet this profile and have proven experience are invited to submit their application for the role of Security Manager.
Main Purpose of the Job
Ensure that threats to personnel, assets, and business operations/activities within the area are properly identified, evaluated, and countered in a timely and cost-effective manner. Provide Oversight, coordinationand timelyadvice to management on effective security management systems within the business.
- Implementproactive risk management processes in line with Business Security initiatives and liaise with Chief Security Officer for technical advice on Projects and emerging threats
- Manage operational activities and performance standards of inhouse and 3 rd Party Security contractors in adherence/compliance with agreed SLA’s.
- Responsible for coordination of immediate incident response, escalation, and immediate reporting on the Unilever Security Incident Reporting Network tool
- Support Chief Security Officer office in driving Group Security and Cluster Security Policy, Standards and procedures and periodically revise procedure in line with dynamic security threat environment.
- Periodically review and audit Security architecture as well as Internal Controls risk to ensure they are cost effective and aligned to management objectives, close on any identified gaps
- Support various investigations on detected and reported breaches of security and security incidents.
- Manage oversight of Protective intelligence through proactive information collection to avoid disruptions from violent crime or political unrest.
- In conjunction with the Chief Security Officer, implement proactive security awareness programs or processes and to protect life, corporate assets and to ensure business continuity
- Ensure Security induction and briefing of all new joiner’s international staff/visitors on in country security issues on arrival at Factory Sites and Office on the security situation in the country.
- Provide coordination and support for all high-profile visits, Events, and Functions as may be required from time to time
- Liaise with and develop relationships with various Law Enforcement, Community leaders, village elders and & Emergency Services in the event of a security incident/emergency (i.e. fire, medical, mechanical breakdown) and to ensure timely reaction to incidents
- Coordinate availability and relevant training security personnel to implement Incident response and Business contingency plans effectively
- Transact on all Security governance, enterprise resource planning and mandatory reporting systems and ensure that security transactions are closed on time.
- Implement a loss prevention programme that exhibits constant synergy between business controls and security controls so that internal loss threats are effectively mitigated.
- Ensure that the Security team has effective working tools and equipment always to maintain effective Security interventions
- Minimumten-years relevant experience within Security Management;Plantations or Corporate Security experience is an added advantage
- Minimum three years’ experience in proven ability to deploy and manage modern Security technology system solutions and management of Security Command Centre operations .
- Five years’ experience incommanding large number in-house /3P security guard personnel.
- Be a university graduate, relevant professional post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Sound understanding of principles in the protection of company information, including computer based and information Security measures required to achieve this
- Good judgment; analytical, emotional resilienceand problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with impeccable organizational , communication and cross functional engagement skills
- Impeccable integrity ,Sound investigations and report writing skills
Women and People living with a disability are encouraged to apply
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bring ing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
The post Security Manager (Kericho) at Unilever appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.