Security Officer at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a leading National Referral Hospital with a 650 bed capacity and equipped with state-of-art medical amenities. The hospital is well equiped to offer Oncology, Trauma & Orthopedics, Renal among other services.
The Hospital is located along Northern Bypass Rd. near Kahawa West, Nairobi. We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Ref Number: KUTRRH/DCSASECOF/291
No of Positions: 10
Reporting to the Security Manager, the Security Officer’s job exists to coordinate the day-to- day security services to patients, staff and property at KUTRRH.
- Ensure full time implementation of security and safety policies, procedures and processes in the
- Identify all security vulnerable areas and points such as entry points, parking lots, public areas, cash offices are installed with properly working CCTV cameras in the
- Ensure that all security prone areas of the hospital are installed with functioning and fully monitored CCTV
- Ensure that the hospital is appropriately fitted with properly working security alarms and that security alarm response is well prepared for and responded to in the
- Make work-plans and shift schedules and allocate work to all security guards for secure and safe environment in the
- Induct all outsourced security guards into the hospital’s security policies, procedures, processes and protocols for effective and efficient security services in the
- Train all hospital staff and other stakeholders on security matters and disaster preparedness and response and evaluate the same by conducing occasional security drills in the
- Ensure that all entry points into the hospital, perimeter walls, parking lots and other public areas are always manned by security guards in order to ensure full time security in the
- Coordinate the operations of security guards and CCTV cameras and alarms monitors to ensure security and safety for all persona and property in the
- Ensure that security alarms are installed at different points in the hospital and that they are always functioning
- Respond to security emergencies, security scares, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, following emergency response procedures and immediately report the same to government security agencies and other emergency response agencies in the
- Arrest and interrogate criminals, suspected persons, suspicious-looking persons in the hospital and if there are grounds for further interrogation or prosecution forward them to the
- Prevent crime in the hospital by securing people and property within it and controlling unnecessary movement, transactions and access in the
- Conduct occasional security drills among security staff, hospital staff, patients and other guests in order assess the preparedness for security threats and response in the
- Receive and process security issues and complaints together with the hospital security team within the framework of policies, procedures, processes and protocols of the hospital.
- Analyze security operations to identify and assess potential security risks to mitigate potential threats and consequences of incidents and develop a plan to respond to such incidents in the
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of security practices in the hospital in order to ensure compliance with its security policies, procedures and process and other security
- Prepare reports on security operations and status in the hospital and present it to the appropriate stakeholders in the
- Diploma or Certificate in Security Management, Criminology or its Equivalent from a recognized
- Must have previous National Police Service or Kenya Defense Forces
- Certificate of good conduct from the National Police
- At least two years’ working experience as a Security Officer or in a similar level organization.
- Computer literacy
- Investigation skills
- Knowledge of organizational security risks and response
- Communication skills
- Security sensitive
- Observation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to manage crisis
- Ability to work under pressure
The post Security Officer at Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.