· Strengthen LWF Kenya -Djibouti -Somalia’s internal and external communications
· Develop communication strategies corresponding to the Country Strategy of LWF Kenya- Djibouti- Somalia
· Develop and maintain an archiving system with proper cataloguing system in order to preserve all digital and communication content
· Collect and maintain key organizational documents for easy reference following the World Service Archiving system
· Collect and collate relevant issue-based articles and materials published nationally and internationally
· Revise, update and build on existing internal communication system and procedures
· Disseminate LWF Kenya- Djibouti -Somalia information, directives and statements as called upon
· Liaise to orient and manage national and international visitors
· Update and maintain LWF Kenya Djibouti Somalia website and other social media pages
· Collect, compile, edit, write and disseminate LWF Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia’s project/program stories on a regular basis by using mainstream media
· Work as the focal person to disseminate LWF Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia’s reports through media and build network with media organizations and professionals
· Establish strategic engagement with the media to promote LWF Kenya -Djibouti -Somalia’s works and its impact on the lives of people
· Assist LWF Kenya- Djibouti -Somalia program team in developing fund raising and resource mobilization policies and strategies from marketing and communication perspectives
· Take the final responsibility of publishing the LWF Kenya- Djibouti -Somalia’s documents and check quality of LWF Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia’s published documents and materials
· Make sure that all LWF Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia’s publications and partner’s publications follow visibility guidelines
· Submit annual reports and other documents to the relevant external agencies within the stipulated deadlines
· Support Kenya -Djibouti -Somalia Program to produce fund raising catalogue and promotional materials for fund raising purposes
· Keep well informed at all times especially at the times of emergencies about all relevant organizational and program matters in order to satisfy the queries of various authorities by following the LWF World Service communication policies
· Responsible for proper maintenance of all communication equipment, keeping them functional at all times
· Carry out any other tasks or duties as required or as assigned by the Program Manager or his/her designate
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, with a strong preference for experience in an International NGO and/or Humanitarian work
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral humanitarian and national standards
- Strong computer skills in basic standardized software (Excel, Word, PDF)
- Experience with work with refugees within one of the sectors is desirable
- Positive attitude and approach with willingness to adhere to policies and procedures
- A pedagogic approach and willingness to learn and adopt and share new things
- Attention to detail and an investigative, curious attitude; open minded
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to travel within and outside the country
How to apply:
Applications should reach the undersigned by close of business on 10th January 2019, with reference Senior Communications Officer-Nairobi and must include full contact details of 3 referees.
The Human Resource Manager, Lutheran World Federation Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
LWF World Service is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
LWF is a Child Safe Organization.”