Senior Engineer Job Telkom Kenya
Senior Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs 2020, Telkom Kenya Jobs,
Position: Senior Engineer –Service Design OCS&VAS,
Region: Country Wide,
Reporting to: Manager Service Design Platforms,
Department: Technology Division (SP),
The incumbent will be responsible for the fulfillment of business requirements on existing and new service platforms and enablers including requirements elicitation, analysis, planning and implementation in accordance with organizational objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading subject matter expertise and architecting of charging, policy and VAS solutions
- Management of elicitation requirements
- Translating the business requirements into the technical and operational specifications
- Providing technical specifications and other requirements for sourcing of service platforms
- Managing Vendor and Supplier relationships to support development and implementation of new business products and offers
- Forecasting service and capacity planning, deployment and optimization of the platforms
- Handling and coordinating the services implementation and configuration on the service nodes, primarily focusing on business requests such as tariffs, brands, lifecycle management, etc.
- Develop & utilize new products & service acceptance criteria.
- Research and testing of new features, solutions & technologies.
- Manage solution roadmap and ensure delivery in line with the business strategy and objectives.
- Development, documentation and implementation of service/business continuity plans, including coordinating regular BCP testing
- Managing the technical resource roadmap including bug fixing and version upgrades, end of support/life, updating the resources management documentation and maintaining the database quality
- Support forecasting to prepare CAPEX budget to meet business requirements and reduce OPEX
- Working closely with other teams such as Customer Experience, Revenue Assurance & IT Security to deliver on customer experience KPIs and ensure prevention and minimization of revenue leakage incidents
- Receive and resolve engineering related escalations of anomalies with vendors support as per support contracts
- Participate in post incident reviews, root cause analysis and implementation of recommendations from the RCA report
- Supervision and mentorship of junior engineers
- Create and maintain a knowledge base and a product catalog
- Improve on processes and continuous documentation of updated procedures.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors Level Engineering Degree/Diploma or equivalent in Electrical and Electronics, telecommunications, IT/Computer Science or related Field
- 3-5 years’ experience in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance mobile money and messaging platform
- 1-2 years in leading teams and Project
- Extensive knowledge of mobile charging and policy (online charging system – OCS), messaging and other VAS, relevant standards and best practices in these domains.
- Experience working with mobile payments and banking and well informed about technologies in related domains.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications grade hardware & software platforms, integration management, network design & implementation, operation and maintenance methods and procedures.
- Familiarity with the Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Business analysis skills and experience.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on database platforms
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience on applications development & Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Team player
- Initiative and hands on
- Ability to work without supervision
- Results oriented
- Ability to work long hours to meet deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Application should be sent to [email protected] by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 25th May 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.