Senior Executive Assistant at CIC Insurance Group
CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi
Reporting to the CIC Group Chief Executive Officer, your role will involve managing the Group Chief Executive’s office and offering support in executing his role. You will work closely with the Group CEO and other Senior Executives in managing the various subsidiaries under CIC Group. Your role shall be aligned to the strategic goals and objectives of the Group CEO.
- To act as first point of contact to GCEO, proactively and promptly reviewing and tracking incoming enquiries such as emails, invitations, complaints and correspondence and responding directly, delegating to colleagues, or advising on responses to the GCEO; providing clarity of outcome/actions and ensuring these are followed to resolution in a professional manner;
- To maintain short, medium and long-term diaries for the GCEO, making necessary travel, meeting and other arrangements for appointments;
- To make administrative arrangements and the planning for internal and external meetings, conferences and attend as necessary; operating a system to ensure the GCEO is fully briefed for meetings, including recommending solutions where appropriate;
- Proper management (direct/indirect) of projects that the GCEO’s office may be participating in;
- Carry out market intelligence on a monthly basis for the GCEO;
- Identifies and resolve problems that would not require the Group CEO’s direct involvement. This is done in accordance with priorities, policies, commitments, and program goals of the company;
- To provide high-level secretariat support to key internal and external meetings involving the GCEO, including preparing agendas, coordinating or writing papers, producing minutes, and ensuing follow-up actions are progressed;
- To liaise with external bodies with which the GCEO requires representation and is involved as required;
- To prepare and edit correspondence, reports, memos, message point, speeches and presentation material as required; noting the need for accessibility in all documentation from all sources;
- Organizing and maintaining files and records;
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries;
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings. Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items.
Other areas of responsibility:
- Monitoring GCEO’s office budget to ensure it is within the allocated limits and make amendments where necessary;
- Supervising Office support staff including the Executive Assistant for optimum day to day efficiency and productivity, and conducting their annual performance appraisals;
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with part qualification in relevant professional field;
- Up to four (4) years’ relevant experience
- A self-starter, capable of acting on own initiative and proactively managing competing demands and pressures and able to multi-task effectively;
- Must be able to work collaboratively, with a range of colleagues in the wider organization, as well as external stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic, oral communication skills;
- Demonstrable level of numeracy and ability to analyze statistical and financial data;
- Confidence in working with senior internal and external stakeholders;
- Well placed sense of judgment and stakeholder management skills, able to exercise absolute discretion and confidentiality;
- Evidence of an ability to “think outside the box” and generate and implement creative solutions;
- To be able to work with versatility, meeting unexpected, very tight deadlines on occasion, being able to prioritize as required and able to work autonomously;
- Have strong attention to detail; and
- Highly competent IT skills across standard Microsoft packages;
The post Senior Executive Assistant at CIC Insurance Group appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.