Senior Finance Officer, Kenya at Nutrition International
Nutrition International (formerly the Micronutrient Initiative) is passionate about tackling one of the world’s greatest health issues: malnutrition. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Nutrition International has headquarters in Ottawa, Canada and regional offices in New Delhi, India to oversee Asian operations and in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee African operations. Nutrition International is a not-for-profit organization governed by a dedicated international Board of Directors and led by an internationally recognized team of technical experts, program designers, advocates, analysts, evaluators, implementers, educators, resource managers and nutrition champions.
You will have a bachelor’s degree in B.COM or equivalent in accounting or finance. Minimum seven years of progressive financial management experience is required with a minimum of five years in an international NGO in program/grant management. Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant. Experience working with contracts and grants management database. Skills in financial management and administration. Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired. Attention to detail, competent IT skills, ability to work under pressure and multi0tasking ability with an analytical and methodical approach. Knowledge of Great Plains will be an added advantage.
Fluent in written and spoken English.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Providing guidance and serve as a resource person to program staff in the country office on contracts database.
- Leading in monitoring of DRM Financing Agreements financial reporting, financial milestones and triggers and disbursement.
- Responsible for financial program reporting to the CD and program staff, including milestones management and pipelines forecasting.
- Leading in monthly and annual corporate services financial reporting while ensuring accurate financial reports are submitted within the set timelines.
- Coordinating timely conduct of statutory and program audits and tracking of audit recommendation implementation.
- Leading in the preparation of Country Office Annual Program of Works and Budget for Kenya Office.
- Verifying that the contract budgets are in line with the approved budgets.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health and dental benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
This contract is up to July 2024 position with a possibility of extension subject to funds availability and other factors. Selected candidates must have current legal entitlement to work in Kenya. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
The post Senior Finance Officer, Kenya at Nutrition International appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.