Senior Logistics & Procurement Associate at PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen provides turnkey energy solutions to residential, community, commercial, and industrial customers in East Africa and beyond. Founded in 2011 our focus is on providing robust photo-voltaic and wind systems for off-grid demands. PowerGen offers a range of products and services that enable customers in a variety of markets to take advantage of the renewable energy resources around them. From a small home wind turbine system to an industrial-scale solar PV array, we offer a one-stop solution to energy challenges.
As a Supply Chain Associate you will play a critical role in our SBU Project Execution Division, supporting logistics and procurement workstreams in our renewable energy projects across Africa.
- Logistics support
- Inventory management support
- Vehicle management
- Insurance and Licenses
What You’ll Make Happen:
- Continuous Cost and Operational Optimization
- Support the implementation of supply chain best-practice and standards in all our projects across all Business Units and ensure that our central support operations are architected for growth, cost effectiveness, and operational excellence
- Support the Day-to-Day Supply Chain Activities
- Support logistics
- Manage imports and export within East Africa and our new markets
- Develop and manage a local distribution infrastructure to support PowerGen’s projects within East Africa
- Ensure company compliance with import and export tax laws in the movement of goods and, more importantly, benefits from tax exemptions on renewable energy equipment.
- Manage logistics costs by preparing budgets, obtaining quotes, processing payments, performing costs assessments and tracking all logistics costs
- Lead the entire shipping process by tracking and providing updates on the movement of imports and exports from origin to destination with the relevant tools, in assigned projects
- Landed cost reconciliation
- Support Inventory Management;
- Issuing and receiving materials physically and in the ERP
- Doing Transfer Orders/ Item Receipts in the ERP
- Inventory audits
- Responsible for coordinating and processing the organization’s insurance at the SBU
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance, scheduling and tracking the usage and maintenance costs.
- Responsible for for tracking and renewal of all project related licences for logistics and construction e.g. EPRA certificates
- Support logistics
What Excites You:
- Cutthroat sourcing and contracting processes to land PowerGen the best possible deals in the renewable energy space
- Working collaboratively with many internal teams across multiple countries and offices to drive growth and operational excellence
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
The post Senior Logistics & Procurement Associate at PowerGen Renewable Energy appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.