Senior Manager Finance and Administration at Kenya Forest Service (KFS)
Kenya Forest Service is a corporate body established under the Forest Conservation and Management Act no 34 of 2016 (henceforth referred to as the Act). The Act which was operationalized on 31st March 2017, gave the Service’s mandate as “to provide for the development and sustainable management, including conservation and rational utilization of all forest resources for the socioeconomic development of the country and for connected purposes”.
GRADE KFS 2
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop effective Finance and Accounts, HR and Administration policies and strategies to meet objectives of the Service.
- Initiate and coordinate the Organization’s Development interventions aimed at promoting culture change in Finance, accounts, Human Resource and Administration policies.
- Prepare and implement the annual work plan for Finance, Accounts, HR and Administration activities.
- Undertake benchmarking on current developments in HR and Finance/Accounts Management Practices.
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting standards and labor legislation.
- Preparation of the strategic Financial/Accounts and HR plans, forecasts and cash flow projections.
- Coordinate the HR&A and Finance department procurement plans, budgeting process, monitoring cash flow and overseeing the organization’s financial performance against budget goals
- Coordinate and guide on staff related issues within the Service
- Facilitate the development and implementation of competitive and sustainable reward policies and systems
- Establish, implement and maintain appropriate Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Advise board and management on financial, industrial relations and employee grievance/disciplinary issues
- Ensure compliance with Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution and promotion of national Cohesion
- Coordinate administrative functions related to housing, office block, waste management, fleet management, vehicle maintenance, office facilities and services.
- Develop and implement succession management strategy in the Service
- Oversee adherence to internal controls.
- Compile and consolidate annual financial statements.
- Interpretation and implementation of accounting standard and financial statements.
- Engagement with the National treasury and the Ministry of Environment and Forestry on financial issues.
- Resource Mobilization.
- Expenditure control and Management.
- Provide advisory support to all Kenya Forest service cost centers.
- Oversee the finance and accounting functions.
- Liaise with financial partners.
- Prepare finance and accounting strategic objectives.
Job Specification & Requirements
- Minimum of Master’s degree specializing in Finance, Business Administration Strategic Management Human Resource Management or equivalent from a recognized University.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its Equivalent with CPS-K as an added advantage
- Twelve (12) years’ experience in a Senior Management position in a large in a large and reputable public organization, eight (8) of which should be as Head Finance, HR & Administration or Business Development
- Certificate in a Leadership Course from a recognized institution
- Through knowledge of Kenya Labour Laws, local & International Finance laws.
- Must be a member of relevant professional body i.e. ICPAK or its equivalent in good standing
- Strong computer skills-ERP systems
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with different levels of management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Be a person of high integrity who meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Have been cleared by the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
- Have been cleared by the Ethics and Anti-corruption commission (EACC).
- Have a valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Have a valid credit report from a licensed Kenyan Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
In order to protect the Service and the FCC from potential ignominy, candidates must declare in their applications any conflict of interest in regard to their candidature for the respective FCC.
The post Senior Manager Finance and Administration at Kenya Forest Service (KFS) appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.