Senior Manager IT Applications & Asset Management Job. KCB
Senior Manager IT Applications & Asset Management Jobs, ICT Jobs, KCB Bank Jobs
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
Senior Manager IT Applications & Asset Management
IT Service Delivery and Relationship Management Department supports all other System Application except Core Banking system. It also manages all the assets by monitoring and manage Annual Operating Expenses, Annual Project Budgets and Annual Licenses budget for the Applications supported.
The job holder will ensure the management of Core Enterprise Business Applications (except core banking system) and IT Assets are fit for purpose by effectively contributing to their acquisition process, stability, security, integrity, and efficient operation in order to maximize the benefit of IT Application systems investments.
- Understand the strategic direction of the enterprise and the supporting IT systems and architectures in line with emerging technological trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better IT solutions that support and drive business decisions.
- Contribute to the architecture and technology needs of the organization based on new and emerging technologies, and establish priorities and strategies consistent with business goals and economic viability.
- Develop and maintain the strategic and annual asset management plans aligned with the business strategy and budget, and in consultation with Procurement and Finance where applicable, develop asset needs assessment, acquisition management, operational and disposal plans.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments of the IT Applications and Assets Management Team, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality and performance reviews; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers; coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Develop risk management procedures, business continuance scenarios, contingency and disaster recovery plans for the managed central and distributed IT Applications to maintain operations during downtime and/or major disasters. Identify and makes recommendations regarding critical points of failure. Develop and implement procedures for business continuance and disaster recovery plans. Proactive in building processes to minimize/eliminate downtime.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP). Review proposed systems software for fitness for purpose and compliance with applicable quality assurance standards before acquisition or implementation Negotiate and manage vendor contracts and SLAs for Information Technology services.
- Define and implement IT Application Delivery and Support plans and goals in support of the Business strategy and goals of the organization.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field of study.
- Professional qualifications such as MCSE or MCITP.
- Project Management is added advantage.
- 6 years supervisory experience in Information Technology with hands on experience in:
- Internet Technologies.
- Operating Systems.
- Database Management.
- Hardware Management.
- Knowledge on the principles and practice of IT Assets lifecycle management.
- Experience in methods & techniques for installation, administration, monitoring, upgrading and problem resolution of central application software systems.
- Knowledge and experience in basic budgeting, contracting, purchasing practices, policies and procedures in an IT environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and contract negotiation.
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
How to Apply