Senior Manager: Water Works and Services at Lake Victoria South Water Services Board
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation. The Board is among the 8 Water Service Boards (WSBs) established under the Water Act (2002) vide Gazette Notice No. 1714 of 12th March 2004 with the mandate of ensuring efficient and economic provision of Water and Sanitation Services in its area of jurisdiction.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
To effectively perform the outlined duties, the Agency seeks to recruit a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in civil or water engineering or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Masters Degree in civil or water engineering or project management or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Attended a leadership course lasting more than four weeks.
- Be a member of a professional body in good standing.
- Be a registered engineer from a recognized professional body.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in planning, design, procurement, contract management and construction of large water and related infrastructure.
- Five years of relevant experience in a management position within an organization of equivalent mandate and scope of responsibilities.
- Demonstrable negotiation, communication, networking, technical, analytical, strategic thinking, proposal writing, mentoring, coaching, problem solving, presentation and team leadership skills.
- Track record of achievement of set performance targets.
The Applicant must:-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a transformative leader and demonstrate the ability to enhance the visibility of the Agency
- Demonstrate understanding of corporate governance for state corporations
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and knowledge of government policies and priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to lead in resource mobilization and to efficiently and prudently manage and account for use of public resources
- Demonstrate integrity, accountability and professionalism
- Demonstrate capabilities in mentoring and coaching with relevance to the Agency
- Be capable of initiating strategies aimed at effectively achieving the core mandate of the Agency.
Other Mandatory Requirements
In addition to academic qualifications, experience and person specifications above, all interested applicants must submit valid clearance from the following institutions: –
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Tax Compliance Certificate issued by the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Certificate of Clearance from a registered Credit Reference Bureau
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board
Terms of Service and Remuneration
- The successful candidate will serve a three (3) years contract which, subject to satisfactory performance, shall be renewed only once.
- Remuneration attached to this position shall be determined in accordance with Section 5 (3) of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 and as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration commission
The post Senior Manager: Water Works and Services at Lake Victoria South Water Services Board appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.