Senior Program and Communications Officer
Adeso, formerly known as Horn Relief, is vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy. For the past 25 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. Currently, Adeso has programs in Somalia and Kenya. Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
The Senior Program and Communications Officer (SPCO) – Fellowship will lead the program team in Nairobi and provide oversight and management support for all programs, business development and communications requirements. The position will be based in Nairobi with frequent travel to Somalia. The position holder will work with the Executive Director to lead and coordinate the design, development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration of humanitarian relief and development programs in line with the organization strategy. The position will contribute to the preparation and reviewing of concept papers, proposals, and other funding opportunities for new projects/ programs in Adeso’s operations in Kenya and Somalia. The job holder will also work with the Program Managers and Country Team on the internal and external reports and the provision of high quality documentations.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program and Business Development Support
· SPCO will lead the program teams and oversee all Somalia and Kenya programs and communications requirements including working with the NEAR programs.
· SPCO will work with the country program team in designing, developing new business opportunities and coordinating with the country teams. The role will include drafting of concept notes, proposal writing and performing background research. The SPCO will also be required to work closely with the program technical team, and the program design and quality unit and may be asked to lead proposal writing under the guidance of Executive Director and country team.
· Supporting in program management and communication including drafting regular internal and external communications, taking minutes of meeting, organizing appointments for Executive Director and taking responsibility for logistics for meetings and events, and following up with key project team members to ensure
that the team is making progress against deadlines etc.
· Draft and edit monthly and quarterly program reports
· Manage electronic resources, files and databases needed for program management and business development systems for the organization. Maintain file for each grant with regular update filing on the progress and outcomes (assessment reports, studies, donor correspondences and external reports)
· Attend donor and coordination meetings on behalf of Adeso and actively engage in networking for funding opportunities and partnerships
· Assist in organizing, reviewing and coordinating the various field requests such as financial, procurement and programs for Executive Director processing and approval. As needed draft memoranda of understanding, development of teaming agreements, and other institutional agreements under the guidance of the Senior Program and Communications Officer.
· Supporting the coordination and preparations of the Head of Departments meeting, the quarterly program review meetings, and monthly senior management meeting among others.
· Supporting the preparation of speeches, presentations and other communication materials for the Executive Director as needed.
· Develop operational policies to ensure compliance and due diligence requirements where gaps exist.
Social Media & Fundraising Management**
· Develop and execute social media strategies to leverage editorial content across a variety of channels as well drive reader engagement
· Manage Adeso’s current social media accounts;
· Assess Adeso’s current social media presence and determine which new channels offer the best opportunity to
increase the organization’s online presence;
· Set targets for increasing Adeso’s visibility and reach via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other selected social networking sites;
· Analyze and optimize monthly social engagement analytics and ad performance on all platforms;
· Monitor monthly social performance ensuring the yearly goals are met or exceeded;
· Maintain a list of all social media accounts log-in information and always make sure HQ has the most up-to-date information; and,
· Develop and implement social media campaigns, including use of paid advertisements.
· Develop and manage online fundraising campaigns using Facebook, Gofundme, Globalgiving, and more.
Content Development and Editorial Support
· Draft, edit and disseminate Adeso case studies and success stories to maximize their use on the website and social media;
· Support the writing and editing of Adeso’s publications, including annual reports;
· Promote Adeso in relevant social media and network spaces and manage the production and delivery of appropriate outreach material, including key publications such as the annual report.
· Provide direct support in the implementation of the Adeso to the Strategic Plan and Fundraising Strategy.
· Supporting Adeso in helping to establish social enterprises and other business/income generating opportunities including researching for opportunities and helping to develop operational systems for such enterprises and investments.
· Undertaking any other assignments, as may be determined by the Executive Director
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in international development, or related field.
· Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable
· Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to details
· Native English speaker with excellent writing and analytical skills. Ability to write clearly and concisely is a requirement.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Willing to learn and strong interest in program management and new business development.
· Strong and demonstrated program/project management skills.
· Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely manner.
· Ability to communicate in a clear, positive manner with diverse clients and staff.
· Demonstrated writing and editing experience.
· Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to [email protected]rg, quoting “Senior Program and Communications Officer” in the email subject matter, by July 17th 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager and include the following:
· An updated CV (maximum 3 pages);
· An application letter which should include remuneration requirements, and indication of your preferred work location, and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity