Senior Research and Strategy Coordinator (Migration and Displacement) at Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
The Senior Research and Strategy Coordinator leads the research & learning and strategy definition activities in the Migration and Displacement team. He/she will be responsible for strategy visioning, designing, managing and conducting research with the aim of strengthening the Regional Programming Unit’s (RPU) role in gathering and publishing evidence and contributing to regional and global conversations about protecting migrant children. He/she will be key in ensuring that research and learning activities produce robust outcomes, especially evidence that can inform strategy, business development, evidence-based programming, by providing technical support throughout the research and strategy process by working closely with programme teams and managing research partnerships and South Africa strategy definition process. He/she will use their expertise in the area of research and migration towards this goal, engaging with partners and stakeholders, participating in a research community of practice, building upon the gains of monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, to ensure that both internal lessons and external research are sighted and shared within the organization – both with implementing country offices, partners and the RPU – and to bring in external capacity as needed.
They will engage in high level inter-agency liaison as pertains to technical and advocacy collaborations around regional consultative processes, whenever these relate to the specific expertise and knowledge. They will also leverage the research and knowledge expertise on migration and displacement to support programme quality and development, especially supporting proposal writing, external knowledge and information dissemination, and MEAL activities.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- 7 years (with Master’s degree) or 5 years (with Doctoral degree) of experience in conducting social science research, with a clear track record of research in the areas of migration and displacement;
- 5-7 years of experience in designing, managing, conducting research using both quantitative and qualitative research methods and developing recommendation and guidance for programming based on evidence;
- Experience in research, evidence and learning in the NGO sector, with regional experience being an advantage;
- Proven track record in ability to write to a publishable standard, with publications in development or academic outlets being an advantage;
- Strong awareness of child protection issues in the area of migration and displacement;
- Strong awareness of child protection issues in research, including the use of participatory methods;
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills;
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in whilst presenting complex information in a succinct manner;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including communicating, sharing and training in research;
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of time to support country offices and partners in the implementation on research and learning activities;
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding and other relevant policies.
- Experience developing projects in the development and humanitarian sector;
- Experience in working in regional and multi-country settings, including conducting research in multiple countries.
Contract duration: 12 months with possible extension
The post Senior Research and Strategy Coordinator (Migration and Displacement) at Save the Children appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.