Senior Software Engineer (8 open positions) at CarePay Ltd
CarePay is a Kenyan company that administers conditional healthcare payments between funders, patients and healthcare providers. Through our M-TIBA platform, CarePay directs funds from public and private funders directly to patients into a “health wallet” on their mobile phone. The use of these funds is restricted to conditional spending at selected healthcare providers across Kenya. With every transaction, we combine a digital payment with real time medical and financial data collection, to help make healthcare safer and more transparent for both patients and healthcare providers. CarePay has contracted more than 2,000 healthcare facilities across Kenya, with an ambition to drive healthcare inclusion for millions of Kenyans.
CarePay is looking to hire senior software engineers for our Kenyan team.
Main purpose of the job
As senior software engineer you are part of one of our developer teams working on core features of the platform. You are part of a multidisciplinary team including front end engineers, cloud engineers, business analysts, designers and business owners. As a team you own your backlog and take pride in achieving results. Your main task to is to deliver quality solutions for our end users and at the same time keep the platform fit for the future. You guide and coach other team members. Our main technologies are Java, AWS, SQL, Angular and Android. You will be working with a diverse and driven team that prioritizes impact over cutting-edge methods. Yet at the same you and your continuously probe and explore new opportunities and technologies.
- MSc in software engineering or related
- At least 5 years plus relevant software development experience
- Experienced in Java and SQL
- Interest in global development and healthcare
- English speaking
- Have a cloud native mindset
- Experience setting up CI/CD tools and pipelines
- Experience with Github or Bitbucket
- Experience with mobile technology and development
- Security and GDPR are always part of your development cycle.
- Experience with developing solutions as part of a team
- Experience working in a highly competitive, international business environment
What we offer
- The opportunity to work on projects with high social impact with a fun and motivated team
- Startup culture with an international team (>50% in Kenya), flat hierarchies, and Friday beers
- Based in Nairobi with travel opportunities
- Your choice of equipment and tools
- Competitive salary and flexible hours
The post Senior Software Engineer (8 open positions) at CarePay Ltd appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.