Senior Software Engineer Job Microsoft
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world. We do business in 170 countries and are made up of 114,000 passionate employees dedicated to fulfilling our mission of helping you and your organization achieve more.
Microsoft Kenya App Compatibility team is helping Windows customers every day. We work with the latest software and devices to directly impact the delivery of Windows.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our team, you’ll develop the infrastructure and test content to ensure app compatibility in the constantly changing OS environment. We are a global team that impacts directly on the delivery of Windows across Desktop, Mobile Devices, HoloLens and Xbox. The code that you write is a central part of the Windows Engineering system. Your contributions will ensure that critical app compatibility issues, introduced by the Windows development process, never get exposed to customers. You will strive to constantly improve our results by analyzing data to answer business questions and guide our engineering decisions.
- Debug, fix and verify reported issues
- Own the end to end software development
- Work with peers to plan & prioritize the development and test strategy to ensure high quality and timely delivery of the fixes and tools
- Reproduce customer problems and perform risk/cost analysis for every fix
- Contribute to our technical architecture. The app and device landscapes are continuously updating and growing and so is the team’s influence.
- Drive for results, increasing our team’s impact as our processes and content identify issues more effectively.
- Work with data to measure impact, effectiveness and make business decisions.
- Be highly motivated and demonstrate willingness to learn and to grow within the role.
- Be proud of what you work on, obsess about the quality of the work you deliver.
- Work with latest Windows devices and technologies.
- Collaborate with other Windows Development teams based in Redmond.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or 7+ years of industry software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience with Java/C/C++/C#/SQL or related experiences
- Motivated engineer who can learn quickly on an evolving set of technologies
- Fantastic problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Solid design and development skills
- Ability to clearly explain complex bug/issues
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks competently
- Solid problem solving and development skills
- Experience in debugging is an added advantage
- Familiarity with Windows OS, devices and Windows application development
How to Apply