Senior Tariffs Officer at Water Services Regulatory Board
The Water Services Regulatory Board (Wasreb) is a regulatory state corporation established by the Water Act 2002, this law was repealed by the Water 2016 operationalized in April 2017. Section 70 (1) of the Water Act 2016 established Wasreb with the main objective to protect the interests and rights of consumers in the provision of water services, while ensuring other stake-holders interests are also safeguarded.
Responsible for supporting water service regulatory activities through provision of economic / financial analysis guidance to promote efficiency and viability in the provision of water services.
Reporting Relationship This role reports to Manager, Tariffs
Tariffs Officer Job Specification
The duties and responsibilities entail:
- Evaluation of water services tariff applications;
- Analyzing data for the credit worthiness assessment of water utilities and for annual water sector performance report.
- Reviewing the investment and business plans of water service providers for their feasibility and compliance with their Licenses
- Evaluating the performance and viability of water service institutions and preparing reports on their financial sustainability.
- Carrying out reviews on the Implementation of tariffs and attached conditions.
- Exploring alternative financing opportunities for the water utilities
- Preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the function
- Carries out Inspections of Water services providers
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics from a recognized institution
- A professional qualification in Finance or Accounting – CPA(K), or ACCA
- Member to a recognized professional body in good standing
- Management course lasting not less four (4) weeks.
- At least six (6) years’ relevant work experience
- At least four (4) years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
- Any other qualification as may be adjudged as relevant by the Board
Key Competencies and Skills
- Communicating with impact;
- Managing and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise;
- Planning and organizing;
- Managing performance;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Analyzing and innovating;
- Managing projects;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Relating and networking; and
- IT Proficiency
Terms and Conditions of Service:
All the positions will be on pensionable terms of service.
The post Senior Tariffs Officer at Water Services Regulatory Board appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.