Senior Tax Associate at KKCO East Africa
- Offers technical guidance on direct and indirect taxation.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge
- Review tax computations and tax returns, i-tax reconciliations prepared by staff and make recommendations regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities.
- Responsible for growing the tax department clients’ portfolio and revenue growth.
- Recognize cross-selling opportunities and follow up on leads.
- Provide leadership to the department.
- Supervise and direct interns, staff and seniors and provide feedback.
- Responsible for billing and collection on engagements.
- Manage the department costs/expenses.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients.
- Manage client expectations concerning new tax laws and engagements.
- Representing clients in tax audits, compliance checks and investigations as well as handling objections and appeals.
- Conduct training (internal & external).
- Responsible for timely update of Tax Watch (Our regular Tax Advisory newsletter to clients).
- Perform other job-related duties as may deem necessary.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Timely and successful handling/clearance of tax matters – tax cases as well as filing of tax returns.
- Provision of accurate and value add services to clients.
- Growth in tax clientele as well as tax revenue.
- Regular release of Tax Watch newsletter.
- Quality standards achieved on tax assignments as per KKCO East Africa standards.
- Performance management, coaching and training of staff on matters tax.
- Regular external tax training workshop/seminars.
- Responsive to client needs – Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients.
- Technical competence in interpretation and application of tax laws and regulations
- A Bachelors’ degree in Commerce, Finance, Law, Economics, or any business-related disciplines.
- Full CPA (K), or ACCA professional qualifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in tax in reputable tax consultancy firm or audit firm.
- Minimum period of 2 years in audit assurance
- Thorough knowledge of Kenyan tax laws and practice.
- Proficiency in iTax procedures and tax laws and regulations
- Diploma/Post graduate diploma in tax (KESRA) will be an added advantage
The post Senior Tax Associate at KKCO East Africa appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.