Senior Technical Advisor at World Vision Kenya
World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
The TSO Senior Technical Advisor (STA) for Social and Behaviour Change position provides high quality technical assistance to clients in trainings, assessments, programme design, execution, monitoring, evaluation and scale-up of social & behavioural change (SBC) tools, core project models and sector approaches in alignment with World Vision’s (WV) strategy to improve child well-being (CWB) impact. This includes all aspects of grant acquisition and management for foundations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors including facilitation, partnering with peer organizations and private sector engagement as per needs defined by Field Office, Regional, Support Office and Global Centre clients. The STA
will continue to learn and grow in technical expertise to provide best in class service while building capabilities of team members for SBC. This position may require travel up to 30%. The Senior Technical Advisor reports to the Health Technical Director with a matrix relationship to the Global Sector Lead, Health & Nutrition.
Senior Technical Advisor
Policies, Standards and Guidance:
- Upon assignment, TA refines terms of reference with clear objectives, timeline, role & responsibilities and deliverables.
- Provides high quality technical assistance to Field Offices for programme design, monitoring and evaluation, with a concentration on SBC tools (e.g. Barrier Analysis, Trials of Improved Practices [TIPS], positive deviance inquiries) and SBC CPMs (e.g. Nurturing Care Groups).
- Co-creates and develops new project models and sector approaches in collaboration with and as per the requests from the Global Center (GC) Sector Lead.
- Co-creates and develops online training resources (e.g. asynchronous Barrier Analysis and NCG trainings; smaller narrated presentations on SBC).
- Provides technical assistance to Field Offices (FO) to contextualize and adapt project models and sector approaches, and to apply SBC-related tools, to their contexts.
- Conducts technical reviews and provides consulting in response to requests from FO, Support Offices (SO), Regional Offices (RO) or GC clients.
- Engage with leading global practitioners and donors to learn, share, develop and communicate external best practices and standards aligned with WV strategy, Our Promise (OP).
- Using best practices, innovative thinking and cutting-edge technical expertise, TA provides insight and practical ideas for adaptive design of core project models, donor and partner models and next generation approaches.
- Contribute to FO,s strategy design, and sector Technical Programme (TP) process based on a service request.
- Work alongside Global Centre and Field Office staff to build understanding of WV’s global sectoral approaches and core project models and global best practices and lessons learned.
- Provides training to clients as requested, including using data to inform decision making.
- Mentors and coaches technical staff across sectors.
- Contribute to the development of learning pathways for technical staff across sectors.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned from program implementation, document and share to Community of Practice (COP) as needed.
- Participate in sector COP.
- Influence Global Centre and field implementation teams with innovative and promising approaches.
- Share learnings within team (sector and/or project model).
- Lead or support the development of articles, presentations, manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals, and other products that contribute to World Vision’s technical brand in alignment with relevant external engagement strategies.
- Provide technical expertise for all aspects of programme design (including win themes, theory of change development, logframe, proposal coordination and writing etc.) based on data, to enhance impact and evidence of impact.
- Develop research agendas for inclusion in grants to enhance evidence of impact.
- Lead, facilitate or participate in assessments.
- Lead or participate in developing winning programme design and resultant proposals for grant donors as per requests from clients including developing alternative approaches.
- Support FOs in developing capacity statement.
- Acts as key technical personnel of grant funded programmes for Field Offices during start-up or transition phases.
- Facilitate and/or participate in learning events.
- Document lessons learned and generate stories of impact.
- Ensure FO TP designs meet organizational standards.
- Influence decision makers and technical specialists across the partnership, (especially in FOs and SOs) for continuous Programme Quality and quality improvements using programme data.
- Lead and/or participate in programme assessments and evaluations and provide inputs and advice.
- Assist with scale-up of core project model implementation in FOs, in alignment with strategy.
TSO Business Processes
Knowledge Management and Communications:
- Contributes to organizational learning through active engagement and leadership within internal and external COPs, especially WV’s existing SBC CoP and the CORE Group SBCWG.
- Share client engagement best practices across TSO.
- Commitment to ongoing learning for professional development and growth.
- Work collaboratively with staff in other TSO sectors, and with GC sector and ministry teams.
- Approach work with a commitment to client-service, that grows the capacity of FO clients.
- Engage with external agencies as needed in the provision of technical services to clients.
- Represent WV in external conferences, donor meetings, technical forum, etc. as requested by clients.
- Maintain projects in Workfront.
- Complete travel bookings and expense reports.
- Ensure internal information management systems are updated and maintained.
- Complete required Compliance Trainings.
- Participate in team meetings and communication.
Knowledge skills and abilities
- Senior technical specialist.
- 5 years (min) field level and headquarters experience.
- Master’s degree in relevant technical area of specialization (MPH preferred).
- Trained in Designing for Behaviour Change or Barrier Analysis (5 day minimum course) and the Care Group Approach (5 day minimum course).
- Knowledge of multiple behaviour change models.
- Substantive grant experience required.
- Practitioner/contributor DME experience preferred.
- Fragile context or humanitarian experience ideal.
- Language skills appropriate to geographic assignment’.
- Training / adult learning as a required capability.
- Multi-regional experience, multiple contexts, multiple languages.
- Strong experience in building competencies for Social and Behaviour change across contexts (fragile, development, urban) and across sectors (health, nutrition, child protection, WASH and others).
- Strong experience in training field staff and others in Barrier Analysis or Designing for Behaviour Change, and the Care Group approach. Training experience with Make Me a Change Agent a plus.
- Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with bilateral and multilateral donors as defined in attached GAM competency overview.
- Experience in programming, grant implementation and management.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Masters Degree in a relevant area (MPH preferred).
- Second language proficiency.
- Networked with deep knowledge of the sector and the significant actors.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
The post Senior Technical Advisor at World Vision Kenya appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – http://jobcenterkenya.com/.