Service Manager/Lecturer at Kenya Red Cross Society
Kenya Red Cross is one of the many International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement societies around the world. The Kenya organisation was established in 1965, The Kenya Red Cross supports and runs a number of projects whilst raising awareness to the Kenyan public about the current issues or problems which may affect them.
BIHC (Boma International Hospitality College) was established in 2015 to address an increasing gap in the provision of qualified staff within the hospitality industry in Kenya and regionally. In 2016, BIHC partnered with the Business and Hotel Management School (BHMS), a world-class hospitality school in Luzern, Switzerland. This partnership paved the way for a dynamic educational and training approach that allows the undergraduate students to complete their 2-year diplomas in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts at our campus in Nairobi and their final bachelor year at BHMS in Switzerland.
The BIHC curriculum maintains a strong emphasis on Swiss educational traditions of balancing theoretical and practical training and this has made BIHC graduates the preferred candidates in the job market because from the onset, they perform beyond their employers’ expectations, thus saving employers, the time and money that is usually spent to train new employees. Our campus is located within the Boma Hotels complex and with an increase in demand for quality education throughout Africa, we take pride in offering world-class training and student life in a 5-star hotel environment.
BIHC is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS)
Managing all food and beverage operations within budget and to the highest standards as well as delivering an excellent guest experience. He will also be responsible for Leading F&B team by developing, training and appraising them.
- Manage inventory, order food and beverages equipment and supplies within budgeted guidelines to the highest standards.
- Contribute to the development, planning & implementation of high quality curriculum.
- Lead F&B team, provide coaching, training and appraising talented personnel
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures
- Provide a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Inspect F & B supplies, equipment and work areas
- Ensure students comply with health, food safety standards and regulations
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality and service
- Schedule student hours and assign duties
- Establish standards for students performance and customer service
- Co-coordinate activities of the service students
- Liaise with kitchen, in compile menu for students training and restaurant food service areas and student dining
- Monitor F & B orders and any needed work with the Chef to remedy any delays in service.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
Key Skills and Competence:
- Outstanding F & B techniques and interpersonal relationship skills
- Capacity to work under extreme pressure
- Ability to train students in executing different service styles and techniques at the training restaurant.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriately
Education and experience:
- University Degree in Hotel Management, Events or equivalent
- Proven experience as F & B Service manager
- A deep understanding of, commitment to and involvement in hospitality Industry
- Proven Experience in a 4/5 Start Hotel is necessary
- Must be computer literate
The post Service Manager/Lecturer at Kenya Red Cross Society appeared first on Jobs in Kenya – https://jobcenterkenya.com/.