Geographic Information Systems Officer Job, Latest County Government Jobs,
REF: SCPSB/23/02/2021 GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS OFFICER(GIS) J.G CPSB 08 ‘L’
Positions: – 1
Terms of Service: – Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Converting analogue data to digital format using geographic information system(GIS) and other technology
- Creating and maintaining county Geo- database
- Analyzing GIS data and preparing maps
- Source and extract spatial data from various sources including field records, aerial photographs, satellite imagery and existing maps
- Analyzing spatial data for reports and
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
For appointment to this post, a candidate must: –
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have Served in the grade of GIS Officer I or any other relevant and comparable position in the Public Service or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Land Surveying /Photogrammetry/Geomatics/Geomatic Engineering/ Geo- informatics/Geo- spatial Engineering/ Geography or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- A Certificate in Computer Applications.
- A management Course from a recognized institution.
- Meet requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
All applicants are expected to present the following additional documents during interviews for purpose of complying with the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Tax compliance certificates
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission
- Clearance from the CRB.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the police
- ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the application formwith position applied for clearly indicated in the subject line. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application.
- Courier and Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the Board’s office at Ardhi House 1stfloor, Bondo.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by downloading and completing the application for employment forms available on this website and send to
Siaya County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 390-40601,
So as to reach the Board on or before Monday, 15th March 2021 at 4:00pm
- Siaya county public service board is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth, Persons with Disability, Marginalized Groups and Non-Dominant Communities are encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment process is absolutely free and any form of lobbying, canvasing or bribery in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- WARNING BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS:Siaya County Public Service Board DOES NOT use agents nor Charge ANY FEE at any stage of recruitment and selection process. In case of people soliciting for bribes, the same should be reported to the nearest police station.
- Our official communication channels are email address;[email protected] and phone number 0710383877 ONLY.