Clearing & Forwarding Manager Job, Logistics Jobs,
- Reporting to the General Manager, the job holder will be responsible for leading the Clearing and Fowarding team to ensure customers satisfaction, creation of new business, maintaining existing business relationships as well as overseeing the smooth Container and Freight operations.
- Supervise the Clearing and Fowarding team, set goals and monitor the performance of the direct reports and take full responsibility for the achievement of individual key performance indicators.
- Manage the existing customer relationships, including transportation requests, cargo documentation, invoicing, and debt collection, claims management, input for reporting, contract renewal, related negotiations, and all other aspects.
- Identify opportunities to grow volumes with existing customers by bringing sales of all products such as warehousing, local distribution, air freight, sea freight and road transportation
- Translate customer requirements into internal action, i.e. planning and manage clearing procedures, loading and offloading schedules as well as plan required capacity.
- Keep abreast of industry activities and recommend any necessary action to grow potential business.
- Proactively identify and address issues arising in the area of business, and find creative solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage the operational relationship with the client and alert them in case of any operational issues. Ensuring to give the client accurate status reports that are shared by the C&F team.
- Monitor file processing and ensure Standard Operating Procedures and company regulations are adhered to at every step of the business process. Ensure to continuously improve and update the Standard operating procedures within C&F.
- Ensure that operations are performed in respect to the gross margin & disbursements anticipated when quotations have been issued. Ensure to accuracy of all records that are kept by the C&F teams.
- Build relationships at all levels and represent the company in professional manner including making presentations to prospective clients.
- Manage various administrative aspects including expenses and reporting in accordance with the department’s budget.
- Perform regular visits to qualified prospects and customers in accordance with management directives to drive the business and grow the company’s revenue, market share and profitability.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with clients as per the Divisions overall strategic plan on engagement with stakeholders.
- Prepare the Department’s Monthly Performance Report.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- Minimum 5 years’ Clearing & Forwarding experience at Management level is a must requirement.
- A thorough understanding of Customs Legislations and Tariffs, Imports/Exports documentation and procedures.
- Have relevant experience about the market place with strong business development back ground.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent hands on planning and organizing/work management skills.
- Leadership and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent teamwork/collaboration ability.
- Attention to details.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described. send your application and detailed CV to
[email protected], quoting the job title on the subject line of the email by 3rd May 2021.