Workshop Electricians Job, Current Engineering Jobs,
- Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor/s, the job holder/s will be responsible for inspecting, assembling electrical components and performing repairs on heavy commercial vehicles / trucks.
- Repair or replace worn and faulty electrical parts.
- Repair electrical wiring, circuits and fixtures.
- Install electrical equipment, components and systems.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to vehicle users.
- Examine trucks systems and oversee diagnostic tests to determine truck functionality problems.
- Test and repair truck electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition and electronic fuel injection.
- Regularly meet with truck drivers to better understand their concerns and identify the issue affecting their trucks.
- Reassemble, test, clean and adjust repaired or replaced electrical parts or assemblies, by use of various instruments to make sure they are working properly and put them back into the vehicles.
- Performs specific administrative tasks associated with the updating and maintaining of records related to the operations of the mechanical workshop.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work Experience
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or at least Trade test 2 and above.
- Minimum of three years work experience repairing Heavy Commercial Vehicles.
- KCSE Certificate C- .
Skills & Competencies
- Possess a strong technical background and have excellent knowledge of electrical methods.
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described. send your application and detailed CV to
[email protected], quoting the job title on the subject line of the email by 3rd May 2021.