Smartphone Architect Job Safaricom – Career Point Kenya
Smartphone Architect Job, Latest IT Jobs in Kenya,
Architect – Smartphone – (20000140)
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for Architect, Smartphone within Software Engineering in M-PESA joint Venture. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to Lead Architect, the Solutions Architect is responsible for producing detailed application architecture and detailed application designs covering the functional and non-functional requirements for the M-Pesa Smartphone Application. The Solutions Architect will work closely with the Enterprise Architect, Business Analysts and Group Technology stakeholders to ensure that the platform meets the needs of the business within the boundaries of the architectural roadmap and strategy
- To be the subject matter expert in Smartphone development and available technologies including front end native development on Android, Android Go, KaiOS and IOS, backend development in microservices and API connectivity with existing supporting systems. To turn business requirements into application requirements and designs.
- Responsible for non-functional requirements (NFR) definition and design components across Smartphone platform stack and where necessary the definition of applicable NFR’s.
- Applications design specifications for end-user application designs, integration services and API designs, messaging design and security configuration, core application and business logic, database and reporting.
- Detail and maintain application component definitions of the Smartphone Application.
- Ensure component mapping is updated in alignment with roadmap and platform changes.
- Work closely with Vodafone Group to understand pre-approved, secure design patterns to ensure that designs adhere to security policies and benefit from technology integration already developed
- Support definition of architectural policies for requirements, design, development, test and deploy phases.
- Assess industry standard applications development methodologies and tailor/adapt to the needs of the Smartphone programme.
- Support strategy definition of load and performance testing, working with business & operational stakeholders to articulate impact of testing on quality of service.
- Pro-actively look to automate processes within the development lifecycle, including build automation and test automation.
- Utilize technology experience, assist the Mobile Payments Enterprise Architect in defining and communicating the Smartphone technology roadmap.
- Assess products and approaches to support architectural evolution of the Smartphone App.
- Work with business stakeholders to highlight business implications and enablers of technology roadmap on future procedures and business processes. Work with Group and Operating Company lead technologists to ensure that roadmap aligns with overall organisation technology strategy.
- Pro-actively look for future technology solutions to reduce Total Cost of platform ownership whilst maintaining and enhancing platform resilience, monitoring and performance.
- IT-related education/degree
- At least 6 years in extensive hands-on experience of Software development, under Agile process.
- At least 2 years proven experience of designing smartphone application architectures
- Experience on CI/CD processes and technologies, like Jenkins, Git, Docker, Packer
- Experience in the use of UML notation in capturing and documenting designs
- Experience of working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit
- Practical experience of a range of development and application technology platforms, like Java, SQL, XML technologies
- Experience of API development and integration covering various design approaches like HTTP, SOAP, REST.
- Ability to work within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product
- Ability to work reactively and proactively
- Strong business and customer focus
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of working in an agile environment will be beneficial
How To Apply
Apply for the Smartphone Architect Job here.